
Yesterday we went to see Extraordinary Measures..
Loved the show
☻
a) Fathers love for his kids
b) what disease does to a family
c) medicines are inspired and take time to test and get approved
d) grateful for a healthy body
☻
Part of this earthly journey is that we are all subject to sickness, disease and aging.
I love what Boyd K. Packer said: "I was exposed the day after I was born to a chronic disease. It's called aging."
☻
As I approach another milestone birthday in a couple of months. I'm mindful of the "A" word (age).
I know I can't avoid it unless I die young.
☻
W e have all lived long enough to see medical science provide a cure for one affliction only for another to take its place..There just aren't any guarantees..Just guidelines: Rest, nourish, exercise and abstain from harmful substances to prolong a healthy body.
☻
Today I'm grateful for the "house" (body) which my spirit dwells.
Sometimes it needs some improvement, things get broke, even need replacing. Sometimes my windows (eyes) need washing, and doors (joints and muscles) need oiling.
☻But my house is a blessing and today as I fight no deadly disease, my wrinkles and scars don't seem to bother me much today.

8 comments:
I think Dr. hubby would like that movie too. I love all the thoughts that you wrote. Being young at heart I sometimes get a little sad about getting older...I really don't want to grow old...but I really don't want to experience the alternative either. {{hugs}}
I want to see that Movie,
I am a new visitor. Beautiful word and post.
yvonne
absolutely! I'm so thankful for my house that its free from disease and healthy. Thank you for this post. I really want to see this movie.
I am so thankful too, I am healthy. Got some aches and pains but healthy. I love being at home and enjoying my HH and all the time I now have to be a homemaker. Never had time before. Always had to work and was tired all the time. Blessings for my life now.
QMM
i want to see this movie!
what great quotes....I don't mind growing old so much...it's the aging that bothers me!!! ;)
sweet post! i wanna see that movie!! i haven't even seen the blind side yet :(
hey- ps- i have a blog question- how do you put hearts in your titles and comments and stuff? just curious ;)
Looks like a great movie. Love the quote from Boyd K. Packer. Getting older isn't fun, but it does beat the alternative. I say the same thing about my kids growing up too.
oh my gosh! i have a laptop so i don't have numbers on the right side of my keyboard- but I FIGURED IT OUT! yay thank you so much! ♥ and ☺ and ☻ hehe thank you!
Post a Comment