My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall Back Sunday...

We all got an extra hour today, and other than
  I need it to be lighter outside on my walks in the morning,
 I really don't care.
OR should I????
We all need more time right?
An extra 30 minutes here and there to finish a project.
T.I.M.E.

I totally agree with this statement except for one tiny clarification.
We are each in a different season of life. I am approaching the winter season
of life, where my grand daughters aren't
 even in the spring yet. Different priorities, but we still have the same time.
********
As I ponder the gift of this extra hour today- 
I asked myself "What "CAN" I do that would have a positive influence?"
How can a "drop of time"
 make a difference, for the good?
*****
I reflected on my life this past week 
and realized that 1 hour can definitely change a person's life for the better.

May I share?

-My neighbor passed away in his sleep this past week, and the funeral was held at our ward.
Because I showed up 1 hour early I was able to help assemble 100 sack lunches for the family as they drove to the cemetery in another city. In an hour we were able to feed a multitude.

-On Wednesday night at 11:00 pm my grand was 13. At midnight she became 14, and was able to have more privileges in her life. Becoming a Mia Maid and attend Stake dances were just a few.
One hour had made my grand very happy.

-In one hour our yard was a sea of leaves, that required raking, blowing and disposing. With the help of our friends from Mexico our burden was made light. By them giving their time and hard work, we paid them which helped feed their families. 
A fair trade indeed.

-Mark suffers from chronic pain, and this week we went to the  pain Dr.. In less than an hour he had an idea which could help Mark deal with day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute pain. A most helpful hour for someone who is suffering.

-On Halloween night we were trunk or treating
 for one hour with 2 of our families. 
While sitting there someone came up and kissed me on the cheek
 and said "I miss you"..
 She began to express gratitude
 for the help of our family in providing jobs 
for her loved ones. In less than an hour, I was happily fulfilled, 
thinking my life mattered because indirectly I made someone else happy.

-Yesterday from 11:00-12:00 (1 hr.) my friend's 88 yr. old dad
 was baptized a member of our church.
Clean, grateful and ready to serve the Lord.

-One of my very busy sons had a couple of free hours on Saturday
 and offered to take Mark and I out to eat 
and go see a movie. He could have done many things,
 but chose to spend time with us. Those short hours brought back memories
 of a past time when we would do this together  while
 he was growing up. So grateful to be reminded 
we are loved and not forgotten as parents.

-We spent one hour today at the Christmas box house
 with 11 kids who have been removed from their homes
 for nothing that they had done wrong. 
Did we make a difference?
Well, by the hugs and gifts I would say YES, WE DID.
**********
My list could go on...
Many differences in just 1 hour this past week.


So, On this Fall back Sunday, I am grateful for the extra hour,
 which reminds me of the gift of time from a loving Heavenly Father,
 and because I don't know what tomorrow will bring,
 I will prepare hour by hour to be the most productive I can, 
with less distractions and spending time making a difference for the better.

And.....that doesn't mean spending an hour on myself isn't important.
It is.
Why in 1 hour I can:

watch a TV show with Mark
get my nails done
have a bubble bath
get or give a massage
read my scriptures
write my history
do Temple work
bake a loaf of bread
exercise my body and spirit.
******

Happy Fall back Sunday.

What did you do with your extra hour?
and if you said sleep, then good on you!!!
I wish I could have, but wrote these thoughts instead.
*****

D&C 100: 6
FOR IT SHALL BE GIVEN YOU IN THE VERY HOUR, 
YEA, IN THE VERY MOMENT WHAT YE SHALL SAY.


No comments: