My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Friday, November 12, 2010

really????? a mouse bite

I get up early every morning to exercise and read scriptures...The time was 5:45 a.m.
I noticed a sticky paper moving under my couch.
I knelt down and noticed a creepy, yucky, mouse trying to get away, on the paper.
I tried to pick up the sticky paper and the little sucker bit ME on my finger!!!!
==========
When it started to bleed..........
I panicked, called the vet, and the Doctor..
They gave me a tetanus shot and heavy duty antibiotics.
I HATE MICE..
end of story..
We live on a lg. piece of property that is close to the creek and lots of fields, so we are doomed, unless we get a cat..I don't want one, but this last episode makes me think I should reconsider.
Any Cat owners?
Or any dogs that are good mousers?

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Yikes! I would have freaked out too!

My dog, Annie Louise, loves to catch and kill mice and rats. She loves to sneak into the hay barn and catch a rat by surprise! Yuck.
We have cats in our barn too.

We are doomed too living in the middle of hay fields!

Joe and Marci said...

We never had mice with Milo, I am seriously considering getting another schnauzer if our little mouse friends come back to visit. I'd rather have two dogs then one cat...

I hope you didn't get the Plague. :)

mCat said...

YIkes! I would completely freak out!

Actually our Schnauzer is great for this.
The neighbor on the left has a wood pile that harbors RATS!

THey never come into my yard, they figure out a way around my yard and get to the neighbor on my right.
I attribute it to my schnauzer. They are bred to be ratters. They use their front paws like cats and are bred to take a varmint 'to ground'.

I never, ever worry

tammy said...

Feisty little guy! I hope my dogs are good at keeping the mice away. I did find one once in our pool trap. Yuck. I wanted to disinfect the whole pool after.