Truly. Madly. Deeply.
since 1969
Mark and I celebrated 43 years on November 20th. Where has the time gone?
So quickly we find ourselves older, more blessed and with a few more aches and pains.
I know Mark was an answer to prayer when we met.
It has been a roller coaster ride, with thrills and bumps along the way.
I'm so very grateful for each day we have to spend together.
In a few months Mark will retire, and we will spend lots of time together.
I love my honey so much.
We spent the night in Park City in the Governor's suite at the Park City
Hotel. It was fabulous. It had 2 bedrooms with king size beds and 2 bathrooms.
We each had our own room. Yep!!! that's what you call fun 43 years later.
We went shopping and Mark bought me a handbag,
a top and jacket and watch to match.
One week before our anniversary I was in Pittsburgh, and we had a tender mercie. I decided to share it here instead of on our trip post.
When Mark and I went to check in our room, I did what I always do, I take off my rings and put them on the desk next to the phone. As I did this I looked around and noticed that their were other bags, belongings and toiletries around the room. Someone hadn't checked out yet. We went to another room.
Next morning I couldn't find my rings....You know where this is going. I remembered the room number and I told Mark I left the rings in the first room we checked into.
We went down to the check-in and talked with the manager and the security. They both shook their heads. What are the chances?? Security told us we couldn't go with him while he checked the room. We drew pictures of the rings for him. He went upstairs and knocked on the door at 8:00 am and said
"This is security and I need to check your room". About ten minutes later he came down with my rings and my watch.
A miracle... Don't you think???
This was a love note sent to us on our anniversary from our oldest son Justin.
One week before our anniversary I was in Pittsburgh, and we had a tender mercie. I decided to share it here instead of on our trip post.
When Mark and I went to check in our room, I did what I always do, I take off my rings and put them on the desk next to the phone. As I did this I looked around and noticed that their were other bags, belongings and toiletries around the room. Someone hadn't checked out yet. We went to another room.
Next morning I couldn't find my rings....You know where this is going. I remembered the room number and I told Mark I left the rings in the first room we checked into.
We went down to the check-in and talked with the manager and the security. They both shook their heads. What are the chances?? Security told us we couldn't go with him while he checked the room. We drew pictures of the rings for him. He went upstairs and knocked on the door at 8:00 am and said
"This is security and I need to check your room". About ten minutes later he came down with my rings and my watch.
A miracle... Don't you think???
This was a love note sent to us on our anniversary from our oldest son Justin.
"Thanks for all the memories and fun times. What a fun family. Couldn’t have asked for better examples and parents. Thanks for everything, my life has definitely been better and blessed with you as parents."
Love Justin


1 comment:
So glad you got your rings back! That would have been sad. And even at 20 years of marriage I would love having two bedrooms. In fact, I do have my own bed for nights when the LP is snoring too much. :)
Post a Comment