My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July sleep-over reunion


OK....Let's get it over with. There shall be opposition in all things including our family reunion.
*******
Garage door broke
Air conditioner in pool house stopped working
Mark lost all his contacts and phone numbers on his phone
Our fountain door handle broke and we couldn't open or shut the door.
pool cover got a rip in it
gate to the entrance of the pool broke
Mark got stung with a wasp and his left hand was twice the size which made fixing everything very difficult.
and....let's not forget my flip-flops
What's wrong with my flip flops you say????
Well if you are a fan of Budweiser then nothing.
I CANNOT BELIEVE
that all I saw was red white and blue....Not Budweiser.
My grand-daughter Leah begged me for them..(what do I do?) I gave them to her on one condition...
I said," Leah promise me you will never ever have a taste of Budweiser beer". She said," she wouldn't".
Don't judge me. Bad grandma.


In 5 years will any of those things matter????
 hey it's been a week, and we are already over it.
*
Now to the good stuff.
My friend painted this bench. I absolutely love it. 
Sets the tone for this post.
(way to go Holly)

These were my neighbors fireworks that he shot off on the 4th...
OUT OF CONTROL, but so fun.


Amongst all the food and treats, these patriotic cookies were a hit and gone in minutes.


 Liz, my DI LOVE gave all the girls (and Me)  these cute plaques celebrating the fun.


First night I had sloppy Joe's, and fried chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit and maple sheet cake.
YUMMY!!!!! recipes on our food blog.
We swam and watched pirates of the Caribbean in the pool.


It was very cool, because we could watch the movie from either side of the screen, which made it great for the littles and their treats.


There was lots of sitting and talking..

scooters down our driveway





dart gun bow and arrows


Alex in one of her patriotic outfits


she had just lost her tooth



The kids like playing chess in our gazebo too!

There was wiffle ball at the church park

a little basketball...

lots and lots of swimming.....


and then it was bed time...tents were pitched, and we were ready until 2 in the morning and we got drenched. THANK you Peach and Heather for bringing the kids and belongings in the house.


here is the tent soaking wet...


no problemo..just sleep on grandmas floor


In the morning we ran a 5 K with whoever wanted to go. Then I made breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns orange juice and bagels.
Dallas ran the fastest and got his medal. Thanks to Joe and Marci for always putting a little exercise to our over eating.
**
I don't want to say we go over the top, and buy a new truck just for the holiday but....
Ethan and Amy did buy this beauty. They are die hard U of U fans, and it looked great for our party.
God Bless the USA...


let's grill some steaks, burgers, dogs and chicken!!!



more goofing off in the pool and sunburns!!
Christian and Kenna having some teen talking..


KOKO just over seeing her options


oh yes, there were naps too


Put on your smiling faces please!!

Marci made the kids clothes. AGAIN. She rocks!



There is one in every family...Annie that would be you!

Colin being a boy climbing our giant tree

KOKO just looking be.you.ti.ful



Joe got a dart stuck in the tree, so Colin and him tried to outsmart the tree. It worked, they got the dart down.




slurpees after playin ball



my stripy girls McKenna and Sammy


Thanks to everyone in the family for making our 14th sleep-over a success!!
Till next year.


1 comment:

tammy said...

Looks like the best time, despite the mishaps! I'm laughing about the flip-flops. :)