My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Grands are calling...And I must go



Hangin with Leah..Yo!! Watching Dallas play a football game.


Leah likes to be a tuff girl but inside she's a princess.
(her school picture this year)

Let's not forget Dallas (Leah's brother)
 who is having the year of his life in football.
He has scored touchdowns and is prepared 
to play in his first ever playoff games!!
So happy for you Big "D"

I love that Alex saved her own money
 to buy this balloon for her American doll.
 Patience and hard work paid off.


Hard work and practice paid off as well when
she tried out for the nutcracker ballet 2013
(of course she made it)


Sammy tried out too!! Yes we will be attending
 the Nutcracker this year. Way to go girls.



Beau and Annie were my eating partners on Cheeseburger day.. 
(For reals)
So we went to hires Root beer. 
Fresh Lime Diet coke caffeine free with a cherry..
yum! my favorite drink when I deserve a little somethin special.



I have 6 in High School this year! Seriously I am getting old. 
I already have 3 that are out of high school.
Congrats to Andrew, Chris, Mike, Kaeli, McKenna and Christian.
 Hope you all study hard, have fun and no bullying...please!
Andrew goes to Brighton and here he is holding his senior sign.
Good Job Liz on getting him to do that!
Looking forward to him receiving his mission call later this year.
 Here is Jake and Drew showing off some super powers!!
 Sorry Jake.. Andrew has this.

Andrew and his lovely date for a school dance.
 He came over after with his friends for treats and games. 
A very fun night, especially when its cool
 to hang at grandma's house. (but of course I wasn't there)


Jake was out of town on Bridger's birthday
 so grandpa and I took him and his sister for ice cream.
Love these kiddos.



Bridger is one of my babies (he's 4 and in pre-school)
He came home so proud to show his mom his school work. 
When Liz asked him what he learned, 
he said "All about the "F" word...Never a dull moment.



My beautiful McKenna taking a "model" shot for school pictures.
 Gotta say she looks a lot like her dad when he was younger.

McKenna and her boyfriend Jerrie going to a high school dance.
Please stop getting bigger and older..McKenna can drive this year.



I love that McKenna is the most excited
 in this picture posing with her seminary class.



Kaeli another senior at Copper hills high school
 has had so much fun playing basketball
with the girls team. Of course there are going to
 be a few boo boos along the way. Kaeli is on the honor society at school.
Has a very bright future ahead of her!!


My little house guest, college cheerleader and darling
 Lauren is saying goodbye to another BF 
serving in the marines.
 We had him over for dinner, and what a nice young man.
Could he be the "ONE"?

 Watching our grands play sports is how we spend our Saturdays.
Colins turn came along with his dad Joe who is the coach.
They are going to the playoffs!!!!!
Can I hear a big cheer for the Huskies





As luck would have it, I missed a game the very next week that Joe
 played against coached
 by my besties son Casey.
 She sent me this picture. Darn!! They won too!!.
 Double darn.

(Hi Casey, Lacey Cheryl and Joe) 


Today October 30th is my grand daughter Dakota's birthday. She is 14.
What an incredible young woman, with goals and a vision of her life to come.
Happy birthday sweetheart.


Here is Dakota with her family at the Temple..
 Is there anything more beautiful?

Last week we attended Mark's band performance.
 It was amazing.
Mark plays the tuba in the concert band.
 The tuba he used that day weighed 35 lbs.
Seriously dude...you gotta have muscles for that.
Mark also attends the Temple every week to do baptisms 
for the dead. He also does indexing every day.
You are amazing Mark.





Let's end this post with holiday fun.
 Here is Beau and Annie shopping for pumpkins.
Let the holidays begin!

I am so blessed to have such a "tribe"..Love my grands to death.
I hope they know (one day) how much I loved them and
what a joy it was to follow their lives.

No comments: