Not only do we have Brothers lunch every Friday...
but we get together for birthday lunches as well.
Ethan turned the big "40" this year, and it was great to have all the boys show up.
They love each other so much. I am a lucky mom.
I sent this to the boys.... inviting them to brothers lunch. Ethan is always teasing that he's the middle child, whom we forget..
Dear sons, today we celebrate the birth of the middle child, and all his glory. What a Joy Ethan has been to us all. He was Justin and Peach's friend and he played well with Jake and Joe. I am glad we didn't name him Lincoln. Out of all the boys, Ethan was planned. He came pretty close to his due date, where the rest of you all came early. I remember weighing 140 pounds at delivery. The heaviest of all my pregnancies, including the twins. Ethan was the heaviest baby as well.
Ethan you have a wonderful family, and dad and I are very proud of your accomplishments in this life.
Hope you have a wonderful day thinking about how much you are loved.
Btw you win bud.... How can I top my 40's gift from you? So don't expect an embarrassing gift, just my love!
40 years isn't so old.. But I guess it's how you look at it. Your 18 with 22 years experience.
HaPpY BiRtHdAy.
Mom and dad
Ethan you have a wonderful family, and dad and I are very proud of your accomplishments in this life.
Hope you have a wonderful day thinking about how much you are loved.
Btw you win bud.... How can I top my 40's gift from you? So don't expect an embarrassing gift, just my love!
40 years isn't so old.. But I guess it's how you look at it. Your 18 with 22 years experience.
HaPpY BiRtHdAy.
Mom and dad
********
(from Peach)
I hope you got the family call at 6:30 this morning.
As dad would say, early to bed and early to rise helps keep a man health wealthy and wise.
Happy Birthday. Welcome to the 40's.
Still love you even if you don't come to games or practices anymore. That's ok it was a 1-7 season and I told Autumn to throw the trophy away. ( dad of the year)
"Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice. We sittin' in here, ... I mean listen, we talkin bout practice. ... practice." -Allen Iverson.
Happy Birthday Bro.
As dad would say, early to bed and early to rise helps keep a man health wealthy and wise.
Happy Birthday. Welcome to the 40's.
Still love you even if you don't come to games or practices anymore. That's ok it was a 1-7 season and I told Autumn to throw the trophy away. ( dad of the year)
"Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice. We sittin' in here, ... I mean listen, we talkin bout practice. ... practice." -Allen Iverson.
Happy Birthday Bro.
On a 40's note on my end Mark took his written exam for driving this morning and passed. He has a learner's permit. My gray hair is getting greyer by the second.
(from Justin)
Happy Birthday Bro,
Thanks for always being one of my best friends. I'll never forget our Certified Cable days. How cool is it that I've seemed to always be working with my brothers. Welcome to the 40 club. You might want to make your Viagra appointment sooner rather than later.
My new favorite song sums up how I feel about my brothers.
Avicci " Hey Brother"
Love ya Bro.
Hope you have a great day
Justin
Thanks for always being one of my best friends. I'll never forget our Certified Cable days. How cool is it that I've seemed to always be working with my brothers. Welcome to the 40 club. You might want to make your Viagra appointment sooner rather than later.
My new favorite song sums up how I feel about my brothers.
Avicci " Hey Brother"
Love ya Bro.
Hope you have a great day
Justin
*******************
(in no particular order)
When I think of Ethan...
5. Ethan and and his friend have been friends for years. When the friend wasn't competitive enough in Fantasy Football, Ethan led the political movement to have him removed from the league. It's all about competition with Ethan.
4. Nothings say Happy Birthday "Mother Dear I Love You So" ... like a Condom Tree. It's all about humor, innuendos, and keeping it real with Ethan.
3. While playing basketball on the sport court, Ethan (famous for dunking over his little brothers) happen to run into my elbow causing a shift in the infamous hair piece (the hair piece was totally dry, and the hair under the hair piece was soaking wet). Ethan's response, "I'lll effnn kill you!" So funny! Ethan is concerned with looking good. The Maximus years, Girbaud years, even now...I can see the Struck influence. Oscar nominee for best dressed?
2. Running Certified Cable and dealing with the stress of payroll and stress of Chris/Esther. Holding his check so others could cash theirs. That made a huge impression on me. It’s all about family and serving others with Ethan.
1. When I was preparing for my mission, Ethan took the time to bear his testimony to me. He talked about the MTC and the “Called to Serve” song. To this day, that is one the top 3 personal witnesses I have ever felt from the spirit. I remember the feeling even as I type this. It’s all about heart with Ethan. Nobody will ever forget “Ethan’s Easter”. I can’t remember the winner that year. I only remember Ethan’s testimony and his Egg.
Top 5 nominees:
- Various movie quotes: “Boomooomm” “Harrrrnesss it” …countless Blazing Saddle Quotes
- Various pictures from “Sledge” to “Back Hair Man” to the many multi-angle shots of Jake in action.
Enjoy, love ya Bro. (from Joe)
Ethan's top 10 list of why he is thankful to us...
While Joe has top 5 Ethan moments. I thought I'd share top 10 things (from my picture) I am thankful for from mom and dad. Since my latest company pics for our website, presentations, and profile have been sent out. Much better than all of your drivers license photos!
In no particular order:
1) Brothers lunch Friday's (food, "social drinking", laughs, the sceamin"s")
2) Annual football trips (Furbies in Denver. Justin sharing a room with brother furbie, I mean furry brother, Jake and french onion soup, nothing else needs to be said)
3) 4th of July tradition (sleepover,american spirit, swimming, fireworks, baseball, games, who doesn't love to pitch a tent)
4) Easter Traditions (who digs a hole in the grass to hide the gold egg, Jim and Es accusing of the voting rigged, Justin and now Joe's family rigging the voting, losing to a tea cup)
5) Christmas traditions (Christmas Pj's, own cereal, christmas story on eve, white elephants, grandma Nielsen over doing it, mom over doing it, ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, damn I'm hungry)
6) Performance appearances (Grandpa Heugly in his cowboy hat, dad and his umbrella, mom and her square feet, kids smiles, goals scored, baskets made, dance concluded, flowers for recitals)
7) Hawaii Trip (snorkeling, parasailing, Justin walrus"ing", dolphins, Tommy Bahama's,
8) Blog History (reliving all the moments, online journal, best books we get all year)
9) Haven of refuge (swimming parties, movies, gathering place, laughs, food, forts, slide, zip line, skiing, guns, dress up, whips, dips, pub, cousins, toy room, animal noises from neighbors, remodeling, pool cleaner/the help, risk, apples to apples, rook, games, spirit)
10) Having the looks, the body, the tripod, the humor, the intelligence of Zeus himself. (I will forever be in your debt, I mean you could have asked for better hair, and maybe a better heart, but hey no complaints)
Bottom line. Thank you. What awesome and amazing parents I (we) have.
Love you both with all my heart!
***************
From Dad:
Dear Tripod,
You are welcome, I love you too but it will leave a mark that you left out scripture study all those years plus Kay's Pizza, the sport court, Priest Basketball and the spook alleys.
Mom may deserve and may have expected wonderful children and the wonderful rest of our posterity but I am living a life beyond my largest dreams. My wife and my sons bless me more than I can express.
Love Pop
You are welcome, I love you too but it will leave a mark that you left out scripture study all those years plus Kay's Pizza, the sport court, Priest Basketball and the spook alleys.
Mom may deserve and may have expected wonderful children and the wonderful rest of our posterity but I am living a life beyond my largest dreams. My wife and my sons bless me more than I can express.
Love Pop
We love you Ethan...Happy 40th


No comments:
Post a Comment