My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It was a shocktober Halloween party!!!!!

It was the perfect night for a
Halloween party...Still warm outside
and colors were beginning to change.
(Pics from our yard)

Jake and Liz host a fabulous Halloween party every year with
Navajo tacos, chips and salsa, scones and honey,
Halloween cookies and cake, root beer, jello and goodies.
Their house is always decorated so festive.
This year was no different!!!!




Grandpa was an evil gorilla..I was a manly man
Liz and Jake's family were all angry birds

Liz had the angry bird costumes made..But she made the sling shot
so darn clever!
Marci made all the sailor outfits. Popeye and Olive oil
have quite the gang!
(this group of sailors are going on a cruise
 with us next week.. I wonder if that had anything to do
 with the sailor outfit idea)..
ummmmm!!!!
(I think they should be called the "love boat family")

More fun decorations

 Cousins Kaeli and Lauren
Marci and Annie
 the kiddies
 Justin's Fam...
McKay the beatnik
 Popeye and crew
Hunter was the Smooth gangsta
Peach with Autumn as a cheerleader, and Luke as camp half blood

 Lauren was Michael Jordan, and Kinz was a baby
Mckenna was a crayon
cousins!


 
Brandon and Autumn

Christopher was Lady Gaga
 aye aye captain Beau
Ethan and Amy's family
 Jake and Sammy

 Check out Kaeli's hair..That's what a 4.0 will pay for these days.
 Kaeli  was a twixt bar and her dad Ethan was the Grimm reaper

The kids all lined up for the pinata.
2 Halloween bats that were
filled with candy
Jake explaining the rules
Everyone had a turn to swing hard...


"Beau" the candy is the other way bud!!!

Autumn and Emma



 Michael was a dead person..
He came alive to give his sister a kiss♥
 

Liz and Marci

  
Then came the moment of truth..Who had the best costume?
You had 3 votes.. First the kids voted for the kids...
 and the winners were Emma a sailor, Dallas the reaper and Lauren
as Dorothy..
next...was the adults voting. They could not vote for themselves.
the winners were Ethan, and......
 Chris as Lady Gaga and Liz as an angry bird.
Liz had Halloween decorations as prizes.
 shot of the brothers...
The Heugly's had an awesome night
 sharing Halloween together early.
Thanks Jake and Liz for making the party possible.
Just love hangin out with my ghoulish gang!

6 comments:

Ethan & Amy said...

Fun day. My brothers are much more daring than I am. I've seen those pics where families get put on the internet for same costumes. Not saying that angry birds and sailors would make someones powerpoint. Just saying my brothers are more daring than me :)

Fun times. Love those navajo tacos. Loved the house. Loved the games. Well Done Jake and Liz.

Anonymous said...

Such a creative family! The party looked like a lot of fun and Liz is definitely a great hostess.
It made me miss my family and home!
Happy cruising next week.

tammy said...

Those costumes are fabulous! And Kaeli's hair - gorgeous!!

mCat said...

How fun! I like the Love Boat comment!

mother goose said...

I've missed all this goodness. Love the costumes and pics

CB said...

I don't know how I missed this post but I am glad I found it.
The party sounds fab! The costumes are all so colorful and great - What a fun Halloween!