How do you post about about a 10 day trip to France,
Amsterdam and Brussels
choosing between 1,600 pictures?
You just CAN'T....
So you go back to what you loved the most, how you felt
and what you shall never forget about the trip.
***************
When asking the girls what their favorite part of the trip was?
Alexandra my 5 yr. old said
" Spending time with my family"
*
" Spending time with my family"
*
Now we saw the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre,
The Notre Dame Cathedral,
The Notre Dame Cathedral,
Arc De Triomphe, Champs-Elysee's,
The Loire valley of castles including:
Chambord, Chenonceau, Chateau of Blois,
Cheverny, and Pierre fonds. Sacre-coeur
The Loire valley of castles including:
Chambord, Chenonceau, Chateau of Blois,
Cheverny, and Pierre fonds. Sacre-coeur
We saw the Basilica of the sacred heart,
Monte Marte (paris highest hill)
Bridge Alexandre, lovers bridge, at pont de larcheveche,
St. Jaques tower,
obelisk in place de la concorde,
(largest public sq. in Paris)
we saw the Rijks museum in Amsterdam,
canals, windmills, red light district,
Monte Marte (paris highest hill)
Bridge Alexandre, lovers bridge, at pont de larcheveche,
St. Jaques tower,
obelisk in place de la concorde,
(largest public sq. in Paris)
we saw the Rijks museum in Amsterdam,
canals, windmills, red light district,
we saw where Anne Frank hid out in Amsterdam.
Mini Europe in Brussels,
the Atomium, Town hall, grand place..
*
And still Alexandra's favorite part of the trip
was being with the family.
So...this post is dedicated to her
and her sister Samantha with pictures
of the family.
I'm going to make another book with all the pictures
from our trip and all the wonderful sites we enjoyed.
But here are some family shots that I will treasure
forever.
Mini Europe in Brussels,
the Atomium, Town hall, grand place..
*
And still Alexandra's favorite part of the trip
was being with the family.
So...this post is dedicated to her
and her sister Samantha with pictures
of the family.
I'm going to make another book with all the pictures
from our trip and all the wonderful sites we enjoyed.
But here are some family shots that I will treasure
forever.
Eiffel Tower
Jake and Liz getting all
Romantic in Paris
Arc de triomphe
the Champs-Elysees
Bridge of Alexandre
The Obelisk
Subways....
On our way to the Louvre.
Pee yew!!! The smell was awful.
All the homeless
relieve themselves in every corner.
(just pee, thank heavens)
There were so many people, because it was a free day
we decided to come back the next day and pay!!
lovers bridge at pont de l'archeveche
where couples can symbolize their love with locks.
Notre dame Cathedral
The tower of Jaques
Climbing to Mont Marte
(highest hill in Paris)
Jake carrying the stroller
Sacre-coeur
Liz and I shopping
My favorite experience...having the girls picture drawn by this
artist.
Can I say " I LOVE THIS SHOT"!!!!!!
Basilica of the sacred heart
We saw a lot of peeing statues in Europe!
The weather in France was unbelievable.
The hottest October in history.
The louvre
We saw many popular pieces including the Mona Lisa
We saw many popular pieces including the Mona Lisa
dum dum
I heart you too♥
There she is
On the path to Chateau Chambord
Liz had to have her picture taken with
another famous Elizabeth
Liz and Jake smoochin again
One of the few pictures of all of us together
Chateau Cheverny
We all loved this Castle..
A little more believable
(as far as possibly living in it)
We all liked the hunting dogs they kept on the grounds
Chateau Chenneceau
Chateau Blois
(My other son Joe served a mission here)
Starting out again after a good
nights sleep. Always with a baguette in hand.
We found the cutest town. Had wonderful shopping
and delicious food.
The perfect car.
We made it to Amsterdam.
This is the front of our hotel the Marriott.
Thanks to Jake and Liz we stayed at 4
different Marriott's with all the luxuries.
It rained a lot in Amsterdam.
We were prepared with rain coats and umbrellas.
On our hop on hop off bus to take us to the
sites in Amsterdam
Just loved Alexander's boots.
Went to the Rijks museum
Can you spot Mark in the background in the poster?
Alex and Sam had to find their letters and have a picture
taken.
The girls standing by the Anne Frank Statue
Here's the building where Ann's home was
where she hid from the Germans.
where she hid from the Germans.
Jake even sneaked a picture of the hidden book shelf
where the family hid behind.
Sammy bought a cute hat in Amsterdam.
Some of the best shopping ever.
It's called the city of shoes.
Liz bought 3 pairs. I bought 2 prs. of boots.
We are now in Brussels
The mammoth Atominum
Sammy's as big as this car
Mini Europe..I have to say this was worth it.
The kids loved it.
They had all the sites of Europe in miniature.
They wrote their names on the Berlin Wall
More of Brussels
Grand Place
More rain.
Museum in Brussels called the Maison du Roi
One more fabulous Castle
we found on our last day driving back to France
Truly a medieval looking castle
called Pierre fonds
called Pierre fonds
My treasures I picked up on the way
Some boots, scarves, vests, a coat and some hand bags...
The trip was amazing, fantastic
and will be a memory
that we all will never forget...
*
And to my Alex
"No Touch, No buy"
( a very rude French vendor on the street told me not
to touch the scarfs.) hello, they don't break!!
He looked at me and said "NO TOUCH" I looked at him and said
"NO TOUCH, NO BUY"
That became our little inside joke the whole trip.
**************
The end
Ahhhhhhhh!
Fantastique

8 comments:
Amazing! That last pic of the castle on the hill was fantastic. Oh to see something like that in person. You are a blessed girl. You had 2 very lovely ladies to pop into all those pics. They are adorable.
What a perfectly wonderful vacation! I loved the girls in their red boots....and yes, you came home with some fab treasures!
These are great pictures of a beautiful country!! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time, everyone looks so great! I especially love the picture of Sammie's face by the peeing fountain :)
I loved Loved LOVED all of your pictures!! I have never been to Brussels or Amsterdam but I have been to Paris twice and it is my favorite city in the world!!
I think it would be so special to be able to go with the whole family and grandkids - Just fantastic!!
I love the picture of you and your 2 grands at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, and the girls in their cute outfits and beret's.
What wonderful memories you made!!!
Beautiful family, country, photos and memories. Thanks for posting so many photos and sharing.
What an amazing trip for your family! Glad you were able to go.
Wow Amazing Post! I loved all the pictures! so Beautiful! Looks so much fun! :D Amazing people! Love you guys
I've said it before and I'll say it again, can I be part of your family! I love all the pictures and SUPER jealous of your trip :) It looks like you guys had all the fun in the world! Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment