My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our October/November Mexican Cruise

When is the best time to go on a cruise?
ANYTIME...
especially when you go with Family.
Joe and Marci invited us to go with them and their 6 kids.
Yes, I said "6" kids.
Were they good? " absolute angels"
Was it stressful or hard? "not at all"
Did we get stares and lots of compliments?
why, yes we did.
*******
R U Ready for some
"Carnival Splendor?"
************
This is Dakota who turned "12" the first day
of the cruise.
(I thought it would be creative to have someone hold
a sign up for each day)
 actually saw the idea on pinterest

Wouldn't you know it...There just happened to be a number 12 
she could stand by..
Here's the gang waiting to board the ship♥



Colin and Beau found some scary pirate stuff
while we were waiting.
"Annie, look at the seagulls"
Colin called them Mormon birds..

We are off...Sailing from long Beach.
Here we are on the Lido deck having lunch.


Walking around the ship, and getting a feel for things.

Oh yeah!! there was lots of this going on.
Mark opted for a suite this time around.
Way worth it. Every penny.
2 sinks, bathtub and shower. 2 closets, tons of
storage and a king size bed, and  couch. AND......
an ocean view with a balcony...

Because it was Dakota's birthday
they brought a special treat just for her
at dinner time.
 ( one two = 12)


yum-a-licious
Day two was Halloween...
So our kiddies got dressed in their
Halloween costumes
and wore them for the treasure hunt on the ship.


The cutest love boat family ever!!

No, Annie we didn't forget you!!!!!

parading around for goodies.

Mark took this little girls picture of being
a bride. Great costume.

The wizard of oz family costumes  we liked too.


OK...Done with the parade
 Its time for some water fun!!
swimsuits, flip flops, cruise bathrobes...Check!

The water slide was the one of the funnest things for the kids.
They loved it.
and so did grandpa!!


Dakota at the splash park
everyone loves hot-tubbin
My job was to take pictures.
This swimsuit "don't"
caught every ones eyes.
Really speedo guy?
you looked in the mirror
and said "dang I look good in this"

Day Three--
Cabo San Lucas
excursion

Eating breakfast and waiting to dock

Me and my baby son Jo Jo....

This is what a happily married couple looks like
FOR REALS!

This is what happy Grandparents look like

"There she is Emma".
Cabo San Lucas
absolutely gorgeous






going over on the tenders...

A real person as a pirate covered in gold.
Colin thought this was pretty cool.
(If you put money in his box,
 he jumped off and took a picture with you)

First purchase of the trip.
a hand made bracelet with Colin's name on it

Braids for the girls



Had to stop for chips and salsa and coke zero



Then off to the cool shopping mall with fun
scary people to sit by, and go "POTTY".

Back to the ship for some more hot-tubbin

Karaoke with the family
Grandpa bought the girls the cowboy hats

  KoKo and Emma sang American girl.
They nailed it
Joe and Marci sang a duet
 Father and Son sharing some chords
 Did not want to do it!!!
 I strongly objected
Remember Julia Roberts
 and Cameron Diaz in Best Friends Wedding?
and they tricked Cameron into doing Karaoke?
that's me...I can't carry a tune.

This nice MC wanted Joe to try out for Garth Brooks
in the Legends show..
(Joe has already done it twice before)

Another fun filled day at Cabo

Took a boat ride to lovers beach

  Pelicans everywhere


 back at ya, Marc


The water was warm and the kids loved this day in the sand


  A family that plays together stays together..
Look at how cute Marci is with her kids.
 Lather up Joe, You don't want a sunburn
Is that a WB shirt?
Annie, I love you little darlin♥



Oh yes I did♥
Mark skipped the lovers beach, for a double massage.
2 hours for $70.00
but I was still thinking about him!



Back on the ship and time
 for Dinner, pictures and comedy shows.



The kids dressed up in black and denim for picture
night. I took this with my camera.
Good job Sue!
I was the luckiest g-ma on the cruise
 KoKo was asked to help our waiter with
some magic tricks..



I loved sleeping in our rooms, with cute
towel animals and chocolates..because
the chocolate molten lava cake at dinner wasn't enough!
(all you cruisers know what I'm talking about)

Day five already?

We loved Puerto Vallarta.
We rented a Suburban with a guide and drove around to all the sights.
It was over 100 degrees, so this was the only way to go. 



  All of us together



My favorite picture
Jack fruit

The guide took us to the rain forest 






plants growing in an old pair of shoes.
resourceful don't you think?

Whatcha thinking Annie?
  chips, guacamole and salsa right in the middle of nowhere!




 An old playground in the middle of the trees 
  Watch out Camri..There is something
scary in that cave!

An old cement slide
 waterfalls
 ...and a parrot that wanted to eat Colin

We found a cool church.



a fun arch
back at the room..
aah! Isn't life wonderful?
so peaceful and smooth

Some on board entertainment

beautiful views
 On day 6 we went to the dining room for breakfast.
They had gluten-free pancakes for Emma
  Annie, I think you are gaining weight on the cruise.
 nice  shirts boyz

grandpa loves to tease Beau

more swimming
 and flexing
  and the splash park was another favorite

Me and my DIlove

Father and son

The library had a nice space to play games

KoKo, Emma and I played skip Bo, and we did cheat!
Didn't we Emma? 
 another gorgeous sunset



cool pirate scarfs boys 


Mark and I had a couples massage on the ship.
I had the black stones on my back. Nice, very nice. 
 chillin in the rooms watchin a movie



There was 2 things that the kids loved to eat..
pizza and soft serve ice cream

Our littlest photographer

Annie, your waistline!
no more ice cream
  Marci would put the kids to bed and leave Dakota
in charge while we went to the comedy shows.
Camri got to go to this one. She told me
to "chill with the laughing"


I got up in time to see this beautiful sunrise




finally we are back to Long Beach

Joe and Marci you gave the gift of letting your children
feel the spark and appreciation for all of life.
You encouraged them to be fully
aware in every way.
Age was no barrier.
 You allowed them adventures,
 and a chance for laughter, fun and creativity.
And most important you gave them time and memories
with their grand parents.
GRACIAS
♥♥♥
We loved every single minute

5 comments:

tammy said...

Whenever I hear someone talk about Carnival Cruises they tell me how much of a party boat they are. I never would have thought that there would be so much for the kids to see and do. Now I'm putting this on my list! I love making memories like this.

Joe and Marci said...

Geez, I was loving and enjoying the pictures, then you had to go and make me cry at the end!! We had so much fun with you and made memories we will always treasure. Thank you for coming and being a part of our adventure!! We love you mucho!!

CB said...

What a magical trip!! Imagine taking 6 kids on a cruise - very cool!!
I can see that many memories were made!!
I love the idea you found of holding up a sign for each day - that made the pictures extra cute.
So glad you got to go.

P.S. I think the extra peso's for the Suite would have been so worth it too!

Anonymous said...

Cruising is the best way to go with a group. Looks like you made tons of memories and had a great time together. Joe and Marci have a darling family.

Mckinzie Lyn Heugly said...

WOW! So much fun! I remember the last time I went on one it was SOO GREAT! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! Love you!