My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, November 21, 2011

Look up, Look Forward, look out and lend a hand....

The last couple of weeks have been busy....
and it snowed.
*

I love the snow because it forces me
 to look up, and take a time out,
and notice the sparkle of life's snow.
Sometimes I need a reminder to focus on the
good things in my life, instead of the
 gap between how my life is and how I want it to be.
****
 One of those good things in my life is
watching and looking up to my nephew
Matt Reynolds who just finished his last home game
as a senior at BYU. (here he is with with the coach)
 Rumor has it he'll go pro. You heard it first from me.
Good luck Matt. You are one of my heros.
*
I looked forward by getting a little decorating
done for the Christmas season.
 Yes, I said Christmas season and not holiday season.
I loved every single decoration, for it brought a flood of memories.
As Mark and I walked through the house, he started to cry. He said
"It's over Sue. This is the beginning of the end for us."
I know what he meant.
We exchanged tears of gratitude for Memories past,
 present and the future.
(santa room)
(nativity)
 (fairy tree)
(music tree)

 (stockings for each grand)
(pool house tree)
**************
I looked out and saw my grands
 doing great things.
Christian receiving an award at his school

Kaeli made the girls high school basketball team

Lauren looked beautiful at her preference dance

Colin performed today in his patriotic program
singing, speaking in spanish and doing the salsa.

**********
My presidency got together and made 20 fruit baskets to
deliver to the widows and widowers of our ward.
Lending a hand just feels right. The feelings of
joy that come to you when you think of others
is reward enough. But when you see their faces,
painted with their own memories of the past, and
their loneliness, you are again reminded
to enjoy your life and appreciate each and every moment,
because one day you will be receiving such a basket.



*********
Yesterday was my 42nd anniversary. Mark and I
celebrated all weekend long.
We saw Breaking dawn, went out to eat, recalled
memories, went shopping.
He gave me carnations..because that's what my
dad would have given me if he were still here. (tears)
I sent Mark a facebook message which read:
42 years ago I made the best decision of my life...
Happy Anniversary Mark♥ Love you with all my heart.
 Looking forward to the next chapter of our lives.
 I'm thankful you still love the wife of your youth. xoxo
and...he responded back to me with these kind words:
"Forty two years ago I thought how lucky
 I was to be married to the cutest little girl and her wonderful family.
 She brought beauty and fun and family and God and love with her.
 She is the heart of our family and the love of my life.
She has given me five wonderful sons and this many years later
 I think how lucky I am to be married to the cutest
 little grandmother and our wonderful family".
and...he gave me a sweet card with these perfect
words:
"Everyone knows your hands are going to heaven,
( I massage his feet every night)
But I know your heart will be there to greet them when they arrive.
What has mattered most in my life is very simple
I met, I loved, I married Sue
Love Mark"
***********
Now why would I share such personal things?
because I have 5 sons.
"Learn and listen boys, never, never forget
to share your love and appreciation to your wives".
 a love note is worth more than all the jewels
in the world.
******
Cannot wait for Thanksgiving.
A day filled with food, fun and laughter.
a weekend filled with gratitude and love.
*******
Managed to put up a few Thanksgiving
decorations amidst the Christmas ones.


******
Have a great week everyone. 
Focus on what you DO HAVE, what you CAN DO, and
what is still good in the world.
AND
LOOK UP, LOOK FORWARD, LOOK OUT AND LEND A HAND

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

One of your best posts ever! You have taught your boys well, for your son treats me like a queen. Thank you for this tender post, love you!

mCat said...

I agree with Marci - one of the best posts you have EVER done! First, thanks for saying CHRISTMAS - nothing gets under my skin more. Right now, my greeting is Happy Thanksgiving, but come Friday at 12:01am? It is Merry Christmas. ALWAYS.

And I love the sweet note Mark gave you. Made me teary eyed and reflective of how much me and my Splenda love each other.

Great post!

tammy said...

This post made me cry. Your love for each other is inspiring.