My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, November 14, 2011

A change of seasons....


Seems like yesterday I was posting pictures
of swimming.
Now we are raking leaves in the snow.
Next week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving.
In a month It'll be Christmas.
.....Slow down life.
20 years ago today my father passed away.
This Sunday will be my 42nd anniversary.
*********
Miracles and blessings are surrounding my life.
and before I do another thing, I want my posterity to know
that in spite of hard days, there are weeks and weeks of total bliss.
I want my family to know
that during this
season of Thanksgiving I have much to be grateful for.
Did you know being thankful and showing gratitude
are very different things?
Gratitude is an action word.
*****
Today and everyday I'm most grateful
for my family.
 That includes my mom,
 sisters and one brother.
Aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, and cousins.
 My husband, 5 sons and their wives, and 24 grandchildren.
**
I'm grateful for my home, food, cars and clothing
 that are paid for with a husband that is still
employed even though he has a chronic illness.
*******
I have friends who care about me and
continue to support me in my time of need.
*****
I have a Testimony that God lives and he gave his
only begotten son to the world so that
we could all have an opportunity to live with him again.
********
I have a healthy body.

****
Yes...I have been given much. And I too shall give.
As we round another year of gratitude and thanksgiving,
I hope that I remember to reach outward and not inward.
I pray that  I see the need in another and
 do something to lessen their pain.
**************
Probably more than any other time in my life, I feel
immense gratitude and thankfulness for my
blessings.
******
DEAR GOD
I WANNA TAKE A MINUTE, NOT
TO ASK FOR ANYTHING FROM YOU,
BUT SIMPLY SAY THANK YOU
FOR ALL I HAVE.
  

2 comments:

CB said...

You are certainly a very blessed woman!! It really is true there is a difference between being Thankful and Showing Gratitude - I love that!

Happy 42 Anniversary - Wowwwww-Eeeeee!!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspirational blogger. Thanks for always posting uplifting thoughts that help me keep things in perspective.