My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Collect moments not things.......

Grand parenting is not a hobby..its a calling.
 You do not collect grandchildren because you find them cuter than stamps.
 It's not something to do if you can squeeze the time in.
 It is what God gave you time for...
(a play on words from a quote by Elder Neil Anderson)
****
There is always time for my Dakota who's science project
was a must see..

Just love this girl through and through♥♥♥

2 of my favorite people in the whole world.
***********************************************************************
Joe asked me to come over and frost the cookies for Colin's baptism..
He likes my frosting, so we had a demo of how
to make g-mas butter cream frosting.. Delish!
We stayed to watch the movie Courageous.
If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching, if you
are in to wholesome, feel good, make you a better person type movie!
(bring tissues)

************************************************************************
Colin's Big Day..
You chose the right buddy.
Is there anything more handsome then your men in white?


Colin definitely has the glow!
Well done, the newest member of the church
in our family.
Cousins enjoying refreshments.


 Mark and Grandma Yvonne
 Two very proud grandmas..Love this woman♥

***********************************************
Lauren my 16 year old cheerleader grand daughter
was in a cheer leading competition  and took 1st place in her division...
She was absolutely spot on perfect!
Flawless performance..
It's good to be a grandmother of such
delightful grand children who happen to belong to ME♥
***
As long as I am collecting moments...A big shout out to my kids Marci
 and Joe for inviting us to dinner and to watch the Super bowl.
A Feb.. Fab.. moment for sure!!!!

4 comments:

mCat said...

I love the statement that being Grandparent is a calling. I remember how much influence my own grandmother had on me, and can only hope I come close to that with my own.

CB said...

You are so wise Sue! I also love that you stated that Grandparenting is a calling!
I am so excited to be a Grandma soon and I feel it a great blessing but I can see how it is important to be such a part of their lives and that really is a calling!!

You have a beautiful family and are so blessed! And they are blessed to have such a wonderful Grandma!!

tammy said...

I love that you are such a big part of your grandkids' lives. I worry, with having only boys, that their wives may tend to cling to their side of the family more. I hope that's not the case, because I know I'm going to love having grandkids!

Marci said...

Sue, what an awesome post!

And to Tammy, I just want to say, if you are anything like Sue, your daughters-in-law will love you and want you in their lives just as much as their own parents.

I can't imagine a better Mother-in-law and Grandmother to my children than you Sue!!