My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Autumn Bucket list

I love lists....
I pretty much live by them.
I had a wonderful fall bucket list for this year!
***
I did bottle 24 quarts of grape juice.
Took a fall drive to Park city to see the leaves.
Went to Oktoberfest.
The other 9 things I wanted to do---didn't get done.
Oh well!!!
Sometimes life gets in the way of our planning life.
*
I noticed a lump in my neck/throat about 2 weeks ago.
I went to the Dr.
 (funny how they always have an opening when you say lump)
I had an ultra sound, and was sent to a specialist.
An ENT Doctor.
He did a throat scope, an iodine IV while having a cat-scan.
4 days after that I was at LDS Hospital having surgery.
They removed a large benign lump. (YEH) No Cancer.
I couldn't talk, eat, swallow or smile pretty much for 3 days.
My throat still hurts a week later, but I am improving.
*****
Thanks to Joe, (my son) for buying these flowers and card,
and then saying they were from all the boys.
*

 This was my bed for a week. I loved my recliner couch to help with the elevation.
 This is my trophy!
 My lower left lip can't quite smile all the way just yet!
But it will come.
 My caregiver was my husband Mark, who spoiled me with
tender love, singing of the hymns in my worst hour (insert tears)
buying me treats such as these gourmet cookies
and......
 this yummy cake. Mark made me soup every day,
and brought me juice and popsicles..
He wasn't feeling well himself, so thanks honey.
I really needed you♥
To my family and friends who thought of me and wished me well
with goodies, dinners, movies, cards,
 and flowers. I love you and appreciated everything so much.
***
I think I should have added to my fall bucket list for 2012:
*Stay alive
*don't get cancer
*appreciate the little things like: smiling, swallowing and talking.
 


2 comments:

mCat said...

GAH! This explains why you've been AWOL from the webz for a little while (yes, I noticed) - SO GLAD the word benign was a part of it all.

That is one awesome looking scar and just in time for Halloween! Work that one baby!

Sorry to hear of the surgery, but glad that things are okay and it appears that you were deservedly spoiled!

Ethan & Amy said...

Why soooo serious?

Oh c'mon. Laughter is the best medicine :)

Glad you are doing better mom. Halloween Parties. Football trip to Pittsburgh. Thanksgiving. Christmas. They start this week and go for the next 2 1/12 months. Party time.