I love creative people who come up with clever thoughts
using food!
I also love a good apple, especially in the fall time. Those luscious green ones are the best.
I also like pink lady's, and any kind that are crispy, tart and sweet at the same time.
As I eat my apple for the day I'll try to remember
the "core Values"..
Today I'll focus on being helpful, by sharing a yummy recipe.
Fresh Apple Cake
Ingredients:
Fresh Fruit, sliced if large
Package yellow cake mix
Stick of butter
Layer your apple slices (or other fruit) at the bottom of a pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Sprinkle on boxed cake mix.
You don't need the entire box.
Melt an entire stick of butter.
Pour butter over the fruit and dry cake mix.
I've found that the butter and the moisture from the fruit is enough to soak into the dry mix and create a nice cooked crust. If your cake mix still looks powdery, you can try sprinkling a few tablespoons of water over those areas to ensure thorough cooking.
Bake at 350* for approximately 35-45 minutes -- it's done when it is nice and bubbly.
Top it with ice cream..







No comments:
Post a Comment