
AS I WAS PONDERING MY BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS, I REMEMBERED A SHORT STORY ABOUT A MAN WHO WAITED FOR LOVED ONES TO VISIT HIM ON HIS BIRTHDAY, AND THEY NEVER DID..ITS ONE OF THOSE THAT PULLS AT YOUR HEART STRINGS... THIS HAPPENS TO BE A FAVORITE OF PRESIDENT MONSON AND ONE OF MINE..
HEAVY HEARTED OBSERVER
Yesterday was an old man's birthday. He was 91. He awakened earlier than usual, bathed, shaved and put on his best clothes. Surely they would come today, he thought.
He didn't take his daily walk, because he wanted to be right there when they came.
He has 6 children.
Two of his daughters and their married children live within four miles. They hadn't been to see him for such a long time. But today was his birthday. Surely they would come today.
At suppertime he refused to cut the cake and asked that the ice cream be left in the freezer. He wanted to wait and have dessert with "them" when they came.
About 9:00 p.m. he went to his room and got ready for bed. His last words before turning out the lights were, "Promise to wake me up when they come."
It was his birthday, and he was 91.
unknown
THANK YOU FAMILY FOR GIVING ME YOUR TIME AND MAKING ME FEEL SPECIAL .. I WASN'T FORGOTTEN, AND THE LOVE I FELT BY ALL, WAS THE JOLT OF LOVE THAT WILL SUSTAIN ME UNTIL MY NEXT BIRTHDAY, WHEN I GET DRESSED AND WAIT....
" THEY DO NOT LOVE WHO DO NOT SHOW THEIR LOVE
William Shakespeare

No comments:
Post a Comment