My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, April 28, 2008

WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT...


1. There are no short cuts
2.You never stop caring how you look. You may give up, but you don't stop caring
3.When your young ,you want to be thin to get a man. When your old, you want to keep your man.
4. Both rich and poor have to do the same things--eat less and exercise more.
5.I love to eat..and need to eat..Its pleasurable, it gives me energy, calms me down..you can't have a gathering of any kind without food. so...Food is my friend.. Trying to deprive myself hasn't worked.
6.Don't weigh yourself..scales lie.. (grab your gut. If you can get a couple of handfuls there is too much of you. If you can't do that, your not fat--no matter what the charts say).
7.Stop comparing..Size doesn't matter. How do you look? and how do you feel?
8. Be happy where you are right now. Your body is not your enemy. Being o.k. with where you are right now, gives you permission to change.
9.Put a skinny picture of yourself on the fridge.
10. Be realistic..Stop living an other's journey. (J.lo did this...So and so lost this much after having a baby) What works for someone else might not work for you. You may never be a size 2 again.. Deal with it.( I'm dealing with the fact that I'm menopausal, older and simply can't do the same things I did when I was 20 to lose weight)..oh well...
11.WHAT IS WORKING FOR ME RIGHT NOW... I'M EATING LESS AND EXERCISING MORE...NO SECRET FORMULA HERE...But the good news is ...I am DROPPING sizes and inches..
12.On Mon. Wed. Fri......I do Leslie Sansone mile booster walking DVD (1 Mile with a belt) Then I add 6 lbs weights and do arm exercises. I do 12 reps. of each exercise. I repeat this 3 times..Then I go outside and walk with my friends, (about 3 miles).

On Tues. and Thurs. I do Leslie Sansone 2 mile booster walk with the belt...I then do floor exercises..The plank, sit ups, waist whittlers..etc. Then I go outside and walk with my friends.
On sat. I do Jillian's DVD level 1..She is the trainer for the biggest loser...This is a killer tape..
On Sunday I don't exercise.
13.I have 1/2 Choc. and 1/2 vanilla isagenix shake in the morning (with Isa calcium, Isa fruits,
and cinnamon)..I have a regular lunch or dinner (not both) About 3 p.m. I have an isa delight chocolate. ( This curbs your appetite, gives you energy, is loaded with antioxidants, and its the good dark chocolate..) Just a small snack is all I need later on if I'm still hungry..

14. This is my program right now. It's the first time in months that I have seen considerable change.

I hope to be able to show a before and after photo in a couple more months...
Prepare to envy the grandma of 22 and her hot sizzling new body...



2 comments:

The Heugly 8 said...

I had no idea how funny you really are. Grandma of 22 with hot sizzling body. Seriously I have not stopped laughing all morning. You've now motivated me. I think I'll stop the pre whopper snack before dinner and the gallon of Dr Pepper. Oh who am I kiddin, all I need is a good sense of humor like yours

love ya

Brittany said...

i love the things you write sue! Each day, i hear something from you that makes me laugh or think or go "oh yeah!" love you!