Last year it was "The Chicago Bears" game...This year it was the "Dallas Cowboys game"..A family tradition with our sons and their favorite NFL Teams..Next year it will be the Pittsburgh Steelers..
Our agenda is simple: No Sunday games---must have fun---must root for the team --the son plans the trip when it's his turn for his team to play...This Year it was Ethan who planned the Dallas Trip. It was amazing..And....because Amy, his wife is such a big fan, she came along this year..Usually it's just the boyz and mom and dad..
the first Dallas Cowboys Pro shop
THE GRASSY KNOLL AREA WHERE JFK WAS ASSINATED
The boys are standing on the X where the shot occured...Very sobering

The window in the corner next to the arch window is where the shooting took place. On the 6th floor

This was the Texas School Book Depository Bldg. at the time of the shooting---It is now the Dallas County Administration Bldg.
It is a an amazing museum retelling all the events of that dreadful day on Friday November 22,1963










One night it was Steak and Shrimp

Ribs and the biggest baked potatoes ever another time!!
Mexican food at Pappasitos another night..simply delish!!!
It is a an amazing museum retelling all the events of that dreadful day on Friday November 22,1963
=========================
The Stockyard Station....
Our son Jake couldn't go on the trip because his wife had a baby the day before we left. He called us one day and said we should check out the stockyards. They had shops and restaurants. We enjoyed the afternoon there.
========================
IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE FOOD...
Ribs and the biggest baked potatoes ever another time!!
=====================
and finally...Are you ready for some Football???? introducing the New Dallas
Cowboys stadium playing their first Monday night football game...Yes, we made a little history. We also made history by being there at the first win in the new stadium.
21-7
Cowboys stadium playing their first Monday night football game...Yes, we made a little history. We also made history by being there at the first win in the new stadium.
21-7
I might mention we played the Carolina Panthers

10 comments:
I am so glad the next trip is to see the Steelers! If you happen to catch that game in PA we totally have to get together for lunch or dinner...if you want.
What was the name of the hotel you stayed at in Dallas? I stayed in one in Dallas that had a mall and ice rink...I can't remember the name though. It was for a Home Interiors and Gifts convention I attended in 1996.
What a great trip, looks like you guys had a blast!! Growing up in Texas, Cowboys were my team for a long time. (don't tell Ethan :) I'm glad you guys had fun!
That looks so fun! And what a great tradition/idea to do with your sons. I swear, you have the best ideas!
Wow! What an awesome trip. 10 years ago I was at the old Dallas stadium with Ethan and Amy and Tim. We had so much fun. I remember the Dallas shop in the airport. I am going to go to the new stadium oh yes I am!
Love you,
Rachelle
Family traditions are the best, you guys sure know how to have a good time!
Fun times!! love all the pics!
Oh that loved wonderful. I love football too. My brother just retired from UofK and we are Wildcat crazy. Not too successful yet this year but whatever, the tailgaiting and other things are worth a trip.
This weekend we are have Plein air painting in town. Folks from everywhere and beautiful.
QMM
That is such a fun tradition! We were watching that game! I bet the jumbo-screen was even bigger in real life!
The food looks amazing too! Great pics!
You guys really do have the best times together!!
You have the best traditions:) What a great time!!
i love love your tradition with the boys! what a wonderful tradition. ok, be honest, didn't bringing the girl along change things up a bit. C, i'm all about tradition but since your one son, couldn't go, maybe, but it opens up the door for any daughter in law to go. LOL, yeah, I'm immature like that.
I am sure your son loved having his new baby home but a part of his heart ached with each picture!
OK, all about texas. they do everything big there! I love texas. We used to live there and Mr. Incredible graduated from there! I have been to the stock yards and to the stadium! Yes, those nails were in true texas fashion and did I tell ya Mr. Incredible dated a Dallas Cheerleader, yeah she was every bit a natural blonde and a long legged flat stomache cheerleader. He went to HS with her. I feel no jealousy or malice because well.... we all have our talents and I got the man, so alls fair.
Post a Comment