My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February Thoughts on your season of life....









Our Relief Society had a Birthday celebration last week. We decorated everything around the seasons of the year. Our food was different soups representing the seasons as well. Our program consisted of 4 speakers who told what they loved about the season of life they were in.
*
Spring= Married with no kids
Summer= has small kids
Fall=grown kids and grandkids
winter=kids, grandkids and great grandkids
*
They expressed feelings about the different changes in their lives
and how they are finding joy. They shared how the gospel has blessed them, and how sisterhood has helped.
It was a wonderful night.
It made me reflect on what I enjoy, and what I have learned about being in the fall of my life.
========================

1. the quiet and peace in my home
2. can stay up if I want...no schedules (only mine)
3. love being a grandma
4. have learned to appreciate what I can do and not compare myself to others
5. laugh more (especially at myself)
6. have nothing days
7. am more content---I want less
8. appreciate the little things
9. would rather have a love note than an expensive gift
10. realize I'm special just the way I am
11. Have learned to forgive myself and others more often
12. stretching myself to do hard things keeps my mind active and alert
13. prayer is everything
14. express love and gratitude often
===========

What do you love about being in your season?

7 comments:

tammy said...

I'm summer but have some of the same things on my list as you do yours. I love my alone time during the day, where I can have a nothing day, do things with friends, work on my church calling, or spend time with my husband. But I also love when my kids are home and we don't have to go anywhere or do anything. I've also learned to be content more, and realize the little things are sometimes the best.

Looks like a great evening.

Scrappy Girl said...

I'm a summer right now.

I love family vacations, laughing with the kids, the things little kids say, squeezes, handmade pictures that say I Love You Mom, kids in cuddly pjs, school time, cartoons, candy....

mCat said...

My seasons got all mixed up. I should be fall, but now find myself back in summer. I am still trying hard to make the adjustment, but so far still struggling.

I long for the nights that I could come home from work get in my jammies and read a book or go to sleep at 7 if I wanted to.

Now it's, feeding a small one, baths, reading, stories and the inevitable fights that come with all that.
I think I might be too tired for all this : )

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I really love your decor I don't know if you don't know if you have time for this but could you look at my blog post today?

tiki_lady said...

I'm neither so I'm going to say I'm Indian summer. Meaning my children are teens and my youngest is 10. I love my season. I am beyond caring. I am who I am and I'm ok with what I see. Flaws and all. I have embraced my flaws Bcuz its what makes me me and I no longer have to prove or show I'm a good mother Bcuz my children speak forthwmselves. They are nor perfect and I don't expect them to be. I no longer compete against mothers if other women when I feel goated. My child walked at this age, my husband makes this. I have found contentment in who I am and surprisingly others embrace that or they fear or resent it. I found out who I was at 30 after the birth of our last child.10 yrs later and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years I will evolve into. But for now I'm savoring each moment of my season.

George said...

Sue...........What kind of season
am I in?........and what are my
thoughts?........I am so in the winter season.......But more than that I realize...It matters so little....What does matter......is
that being obedient is less and less irritating......And more and
more comfortable.......Only then will complete joy and peace be in
my grasp...........Mom.........

Becky said...

I love all of your reasons.....I'm longing for a nothing day, but know that's not in my season....so I'll wait for it!