My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Wrap-up


Besides our wonderful Trip to Cabo San Lucas,
we had a busy and blessed January
*

Autumn Sierra our grand-daughter turned 8 yrs old
and chose to be baptized. I was asked to help her get dressed afterwards, in a beautiful long white dress. Mark and Luke, her brothers gave the talks. We went to their house later for sandwiches and yummy desserts!

Way to go Autie!!!
You looked and acted like an angel♥

======
Here's a few of the grand-kids that showed their support for Autumn

*
Here's my son Brandon whose real name is (peach)
and the guest of honor

*

Brandon and Heathers boys (Mark and Luke) competed in a ballroom
competition down at BYU..
Their team won the sportmanship award.
Way to Go!!!!
*
Mike, Hunter and Chris made me a snowman


*
For our Relief Society activity we learned how to make
Tortillas with a yummy filling, and spanish rice..
Elaine is a new convert, and is taking our ward by storm!!!
Never have I felt the spirit so strong as around this most
loving and kind woman.

finished product!
I love mexican food


*
A picture I took of the moon in January.
It was absolutely gorgeous.

*
Loved watching Lauren, my grand-daughter cheer against the school my
kids all went to in high school....American Fork against Alta...AF won!!
I had to cheer for my g-kids school.

*
The class of '68 (my graduating class) get together often
for lunch or dinner..I went last Thursday to the Olive Garden.
It was fun catching up with everyone..
Probably only 3-4 of us were not drinking!!!
*
My very bestest friend, Lynette
Another friend Janet, who was the reason for the party!!


*
We went with my son and his kids furniture shopping and house hunting!!!


WE ALL HATED IKEA!!!!!
seriously, we could not get out of there fast enough.

Took a cute photo of Mike testing out the beds!

*
My son has a new place to live!!

*
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my loved ones
who celebrated a birthday in January
*
Marci is married to my youngest son Joe. She is an
awesome mom to 6 kids.
*
Colin is my pirate-star wars kid!!!! He draws pictures for me all the time,
because he is an amazing artist...He's playing basketball for the first time this year.
Trust me when I say he will become a Dr. one day..
Colin is also Marci's son

*
Luke is the one to the right of the picture..Bright red hair,
you can't miss him. He's a genius when it comes to computers, and
building complicated things....(did I mention he was smart?)
He cracks everyone up with his keen sense of humor.



*
Hunter happened to show up for dinner just around his birthday week..So he was
lucky enough to get a cake!! Spice with caramel frosting..
Hunter loves sports..He's a steelers fan, and is hoping for a win this Sunday during the
super bowl game against the Packers.


January was blessed, busy and beautiful!!!!

5 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

I can't believe January is over already, it was so full and so fast!! Busy, busy family :)

tammy said...

Your kids went to Alta?? So did I!

I love baptisms. That's my favorite part of being the primary president, going to the baptisms.

Those tortillas look yummy!

Looks like a good month.

Brittany said...

yo! it's such a hard time for blogging... i seem to slack so much every january ... what's up with that? as far as the cookbook- i took everything i always make, added everything that had been posted to our food blog so far, added stuff i have from my mom, friends, grandma ruth, etc. !! there are definitely still things i need to post- including the TOTALLY EASY and delish sugar cookie recipe and pink frosting that tastes like those pink granny-b's cookies !! mmmmmmm

tiki_lady said...

so fun so fun! This is a post just filled with goodness. I also do not like IKEA! (shhhhh)

mCat said...

What a good January! Love the baptism and I too, hate the Ikea. We flat out won't go there anymore