Beau and Annie...hands in the mouth (must be related)
I think KoKo got us a little blurry..
Colin, Emma, Leah and Camri
all showing off their mask's that they made.
Bad g-pa letting Beau have coke zero!!!
(cakey donuts drowned in powdered sugar)

delish!!!
Marcis recipe for
Beignets
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
7 cups flour
1/4 cup shortening
vegetable oil for frying
powdered sugar
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for a few minutes. Add sugar, eggs, evaporated milk and mix well. Mix in 4 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Add the shortening, blend, then add the remaining 3 cups of flour. Cover and chill for at least two hours (and up to 24 hours).
After dough rises, punch it down and let it rise for another half-hour or so. Roll out the dough and cut into 2-3 inch squares. Heat oil to 360 degrees (make sure it's hot enough or the beignets turn out as hard as rocks. A good way to tell is to flick some water on the oil...if it pops and sizzles, it's probably ready). Fry the beignets in the hot oil, if they don't pop up, the oil isn't hot enough. Turn over to make sure both sides have a nice brown color. Drain onto paper towels. While they are still warm, toss the beignets in a plastic bag with powdered sugar to coat. Enjoy!!!
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
7 cups flour
1/4 cup shortening
vegetable oil for frying
powdered sugar
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for a few minutes. Add sugar, eggs, evaporated milk and mix well. Mix in 4 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Add the shortening, blend, then add the remaining 3 cups of flour. Cover and chill for at least two hours (and up to 24 hours).
After dough rises, punch it down and let it rise for another half-hour or so. Roll out the dough and cut into 2-3 inch squares. Heat oil to 360 degrees (make sure it's hot enough or the beignets turn out as hard as rocks. A good way to tell is to flick some water on the oil...if it pops and sizzles, it's probably ready). Fry the beignets in the hot oil, if they don't pop up, the oil isn't hot enough. Turn over to make sure both sides have a nice brown color. Drain onto paper towels. While they are still warm, toss the beignets in a plastic bag with powdered sugar to coat. Enjoy!!!
Thanks Marci and Joe..It was a fun night
The beads, masks and the food made us feel like we were in New Orleans..
hanging out and laughing with family made me feel like I was in heaven..

5 comments:
I hope you don't mind, I'm going to steal every one of those pictures :) Thanks for taking them, it was a fun night for sure!!
of course you can Marc!!! I have to be good for something, you were busy making the food.
it was a very fun, layed back just the way I like it.
What a fun idea - A Mardi Gras party! As my famly gets bigger, I am most def gonna need to do that.
And you St Paddy's party looked fun too. I think you must have parties all the time! : )
Why have I never had a Mardi Gras party before? Too fun.
we celebrated too, i haven't blogged it yet. I love those masks, where did you find them?
Post a Comment