My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A memorable Sunday....


As I rejoiced in my heart for a happy, worthy grandson
who received the Aaronic Priesthood today, I couldn't help but think
"What will his future be like? Will he continue to be strong?
 How will he handle tribulation?
**************
This Quote by -L. Tom Perry brought much comfort.
"I am of the persuasion that the greatest preparation
we can make to relieve ourselves from fear of the
future will not be the year's supply we
accumulate in our basements, the savings accounts we build,
 or the stocks and bonds we store in
our safety deposit boxes.  As important as these
are for the protection of our family, our real security,
 I believe will be found in our understanding
of the priesthood organization
and in sound application of
Priesthood principles."
*******************
Also this quote by President Thomas S.Monson:

As bearers of the priesthood,
we have been placed on earth in troubled times. We live
in a complex world with currents of conflict everywhere to be found.
We who have been ordained to the
Priesthood of God can make a
difference.  When we qualify for the help of the Lord,
 we can build boys, we can mend men,
we can accomplish miracles in his Holy service. Our
opportunities are without limit.
Though the task looms large, we are strengthened by the truth: "The
greatest force in this world today is the power of God as it works through man.
******************************
I pray Christian will begin today in understanding
what a blessing the Priesthood is in his life,
and always be a stalwart servant of the Lord.

I love you Christian♥

3 comments:

Joe Heugly said...

That's for posting that. Christian is a blessing in our family.

tammy said...

What a great day. Our sacrament meeting yesterday was all about the Priesthood. A quote was shared from last conference during the Priesthood session about how these boys, ages 12-25, will prepare the way for the Second Coming. How humbling to have these boys in our families. I, like you, hope they stay strong to their testimonies and Priesthood responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

That is a great day for grandparents - I am looking forward to our first Deacon grandson next year (we will be home for that event) I also loved your post of your trip to West Virginia, beautiful sites. It looked fun.