My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Valley that's Sunny (usually)

THIS POST IS ABOUT A FAMILY TRIP..WITH LOTS OF PICTURES..
( I want to remember everything)
Come along for the ride, or go your merry way..Either way I love ya!!
***************
Mark and I had the opportunity to go to Sun Valley Idaho
for what would be Mark's last bank convention.
We decided to invite Ethan (number 3 son) and Amy and their kids.
Kaeli, McKenna, Dallas, and Leah.
The weather was cloudy.
When I took this picture Ethan said Why? It doesn't mean anything if there aren't
people in the picture. I said I wanted to remember what the weather was like.
So there Ethan....
On your blog you can omit the gorgeous pictures
of clouds if you would like. haha


We began by going to breakfast at I-hop
Mark gave flash cash to everyone for some spending money.
He does that..He's a very generous man when it comes to money.
I love that about him.

Amy and me♥
On the way down Kenna and Leah drove with grandma and grandpa

By the time we got to Idaho we were hungry again,
 and stopped for mexican food.
Leah is our pistol..She says it like it is.
She has a mind of her own. She has a blue bow, orange shirt,
blue jeans, green and white shoes, and crazy socks!!!

Ride em cowgirl!

We saw 2 movies---Green lantern and Mr. Poppers Penguins...
Call me silly, but I liked them both.

We had a 3 bedroom condo. After buying groceries
we settled down and played games.


We were in Sun Valley during Fathers Day.
So, Here is Leah giving her dad coupons for back and feet rubs.

Leah is rubbing Grandpas feeet.

OK, who is that crazy lady in the background with wild hair???
Obviously I didn't take that picture.

Ahhh!!! take a breath of fresh air..When the cotton wasn't flying around 
It was very pleasant. 

Outside our condo

I think we had the hunting lodge...Lots of stuffed animals around.

More games...and games and games!!!

Dallas is a boy through and through..
He loved the outside and just hangin around the creek.





Ethan and Dallas had fun throwin a football.
I told you he was all boy.
The 2 dads on Fathers day.
Ethan made Mark a Video of his life with pictures and music. It
was a tear jerker.

Ready to go explore the Valley with a little family fun..

Really? grow up..They are both pinching each other behind their backs.


I love this picture...It's great that we can get grandkids to take pictures
of the adults.


Mark found this famous Sun Valley Poster to put his face behind..
Honey, it doesn't do a thing for you!!!

McKenna, much better!

Kaeli, you win...Most believable shot.
 Even Leah liked the swans
Who doesn't take pictures with the ski pros from eons ago???
Yes, Bill Cosby was performing at Sun Valley. We
were able to take everyone to see him, with the best seats in the house.
They wouldn't allow cameras, so I didn't take a picture.
btw he was awesome. 2 1/2 hours of straight comedy with no swear words!!
I know..I still can't believe there are comedians left that
don't need to be crude and irrevrant.

Any beautiful reason to take a picture...That's me!

I like this one too!


Yes, Ethan is bald, and wanted a picture by the
bald mountain sign. We had pizzas, salad and
yummy chocolate chip cookies with ice cream on top..Delish!

Had to find ways to spend our flash cash!
Quack Quack!! we loved wastching the ducks.





And the owl...See it?

see it now?


Ice skating is a must!! The kids had the rink to themselves









One good looking Family.

Yawn, close the eyes = nap time

Ketchum has wonderful sculptures around that make for fun pictures.



Oh Yes, she did buy that hat..How cute is she?

Leah was totally into watching the Star Wars movies,
So this shirt was a must.




Who needs a bike for 2 when you have bike for 4?

We had dinner at the Pionner Saloon. It has wonderful food.
Ethan treated us to this meal for Fathers Day.
Thanks E it was delicious!!


We went swimming several days. This day it was pretty chilly.
Oh, but the hot tub was heaven....







Ice cream goes better with shopping and tired legs!



Love this giant chair with cowboy boots...
(These boots are made for sittin)



This reminds me of Lily Thomlin on Laugh in
Do you remember that?
Whatever...I'm old



we are first in line to bowl..

Ethan won..Big surprise there...




More swimming, but this time in the round pool.

Leah is chillin on the deck...
One of the highlights of the trip was to drive to Redfish lake.
Before we left Dallas blessed us that we would have the " best day ever" in our morning prayer.
We are off to a good start with these views.





The lake was cold, but so inviting. After the kids got used to the
temps they got in.









HAPPY DAY!!!









Not a site you'll see often, but so sweet!
I LOVE toes, fat ones, square ones
and painted ones....










Whatever Amy..Shes taking a picture of me taking a picture of her..




Here's where our "best day ever" turns into
a scary one!!
My son is a tease. Kaeli, his oldest gets teased the most.
They are in the lake, with freezing water up to their chests.
Ethan starts panicking and yelling that there is a creature floating in the lake and he
doesn't know what it is.. Kaeli starts screaming.........bloody murder. we are laughing our heads
off. Kaeli seemed to be walking on water, as she was trying to get out of the water.
Somewhere a long the way she lost her flip flops in the water and came running out with blood everywhere. She needed several stitches.
I asked Ethan if it was worth it? He said it was.

We drove to Stanley, 7 minutes a way to go to the clinic.
Leah and the rest of us shopped while we waited for Kaeli.


Kaeli got some cool scrubs, and they treated her so
nice.

We headed to the lodge for some food.


but opted for ice cream cones...The blue goo was a hit!!



Next on our "best day ever" we almost hit a deer, and we got pulled over
because Ethan was going 68 when he should have been going 55

The cop said I'm not going to give you a ticket, just be careful!!
"Best cop Ever"

Just as we were driving into our condo we saw a deer.
Of course I had to get out of the car and take its picture.



Our trip was amazing. 6 days of laughter, eating and playing together.
Thanks guys for making our last trip with the Bank a memorable one!

5 comments:

CB said...

What a fun trip!! You guys did EVERYTHING!!!
Sun Valley (Ketchum) is one of our favorite places - I love the beauty and the laid back feel there. Redfish lake is one of Idaho's little treasures but it is sure cold -your gang was brave to get it! I love the monster story that was hilarious - I could just picture the screaming - ha ha!!
Thanks for sharing all your fun and Photos!

tammy said...

I think this is the most pics I've even seen on one blog post ; )

I love that you always include your family and that you always take pictures.

We saw Bill Cosby in concert once too, and I was very impressed by his clean stories. I always love a funny guy more when they don't have to resort to swearing to make people laugh. He is a classic!

Sue said...

tammy, I think you are right.

I had so much fun taking those pictures, and then seeing everything over again, was like reliving the trip.

When Im having a bad day, I look at the pictures on my blog and remember how good the lord has been to me, and I have so many happy memories.

mCat said...

I am loving seeing everyone's vacay's, and may I remind you that when you have a spot open up for adoption into your family - I am at the top of the list!

Looks like so much fun (cept for the stitches part)

Ethan & Amy said...

What a great trip. We had so much fun. Just moving into our house we weren't planning a fun trip this year. Thank you for taking us. What a great fathers day being there with my family and my parents. This will be a trip we always remember. Thank you for recording the moment while we enjoyed the entire trip. Although missing Kaeli run on water would have just topped it off :) It was nice to get away with just you and our family. We love you and look forward to the 4th.

Ethan and Amy