My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Happy Birthday America" from the Heugly's....

Every year now for the past 10-11 years we have had a Family reunion/
4th of July celebration.
We camp out in the yard and it usually lasts 2 days..This year We were together Friday, Saturday, some of Sunday and Monday.
*
The house inside and out was festive and reminded us of
the freedoms we enjoy.




Little ones look on while tents are being put together.

 Yes, even the men were looking on while the women put up the tents.
Sorry DIL's...I didn't teach my sons much about camping!!


Peach you saved the day..You with a little help managed to
put up your tent.



We played in the back yard for hours...







 We picked strawberries for dinner and breakfast..
at the expense of their white shirts.

 Eating and chill axing..Is there anything better?



 Wearing patriotic clothes is a must!!
 Even Lauren had her red white and blues shorts on.

Lauren brought her new car to show everyone.



I gave the kids glow sticks and they had fun with them, until
they thought it was a good idea to put them in the freezer,
and they leaked into our drinking water...








Saturday morning begun our first ever race for Celiac disease.
Joe donated money for all of us while those who wanted to, ran a 5K.



 I watched the kids when they got tired of walking and running.

 I love this picture of Beau running to his parents saying
"Running time is over mom and dad"


I made a big breakfast for everyone.
Breakfast casseroles, juice, chocolate milk and fresh fruit.



The kids played pellet guns for hours, in our front yard. 



There was swimming everyday but Sunday..Loved it. So many of my little ones can
swim now, which takes some of the stress away.











  Love this picture of Marci and Beau...
She loves her kids so much..

 It's not often you get our 18 year old to smile...Gotcha McKay





 Yes this shirt says it all..The Heugly's rock the 4th.


Christian had come from camp, and we believe he got something
up there which made him brake out in a rash.

Everyone had such a good time, that when we were tired
we crashed and burned wherever we were!!


 cousins braiding each others hair..
 Sisters in law posing for me!!


Grand-daughters posing for me....
 grand-sons posing for me...
 No posing here...just plain ole lovin!




  After a game of baseball they were treated to slur pees...
 Marci made matching outfits for all the kids..
Great job!

We ended our party with fireworks. The little ones lined
up on the curb, and all the adults sat a little farther back.



This note was found on my chalkboard after I was cleaning up..
Not sure who wrote it, but made all the hard work worth it..


4 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Wow! Those pictures totally captured what the weekend was about. It was so much fun with everyone, you really outdid yourself this time. We love you so much! I want to go read this post again and again....thanks Sue!!

Ethan & Amy said...

I pitched a tent :)

Thanks for a fun 4th once again. Always great times.

tammy said...

What fun traditions! I love that your family loves to spend time together.

mother goose said...

so so cute and so so fun. I love how you enjoy and love your family! what great memories they have.