Heavenly Father must be gathering his favorites, because many that I care about are leaving this world.
In Sacrament meeting last week a church friend who runs a marathon a MONTH talked about her ordeal running the Boston Marathon. She said something I have been pondering all week. She said before every race she prays that her Dad who died 30 yrs. ago would run beside her. She prays for guardian angels to watch over her. She then explained the many tender mercies that followed her in Boston, and how she knew she was being guided every step to safety.
I believe this to be true. They walk beside us even though we can’t see them.
***********************************************
To my friend Tammy who I have never met, but I feel we are kindred spirits and whose husband died several months ago, you inspire me. To My friend L…..who’s only son and father to two kids died from an accidental overdose last month, your faith and smile to go on strengthen my faith. To Brandi who buried her 18 month old son last week while he was sleeping, you are the perfect mother and Tate was lucky to have you. And to my friend Connie….. who I discovered has days to live, my heart is aching for the loss your family will feel.
Tammy..You have taught me that having wounds hasn’t turned you into a person that you are not. And…..Missing Blaine is your hearts way of reminding you that you love him.
“YOUR PRETTY SMILE HIDES THE DEEPEST SECRETS. YOUR EYES HAVE CRIED THE MOST TEARS, AND YOUR KIND HEART HAS FELT THE MOST PAIN.”
Death comes to us all. I want to handle it the way you have.
To Brandi: Sometimes we are only given a few minutes to be with the one we love, and, thousands of hours to spend thinking of him.
To L….You have taught me the past can’t be changed, forgotten, edited or erased—It can only be accepted.
I also loved what you posted on Facebook:
and this one…..
Thank you my friends for inspiring me these past few months.
The following are quotes I have gathered from you that I want to keep which continue to remind me of how I want my perspective to be, when faced with sorrow and tragedy.
“DEATH ENDS A LIFE NOT A RELATIONSHIP”.
The Lord Compensates for every loss.
Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better. My declaration is that that is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need.
“Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead.” Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.
Elder Jeffrey Holland
"The only length of life that seems to satisfy the longings of the human heart is life everlasting. Irrespective of ...age, we mourn for those loved and lost. Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of pure love. It is a natural response in complete accord with divine commandment: “Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die.” (D&C 42:45.) Moreover, we can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life."
- Elder Russell M. Nelson —
"With celestial sight, trials impossible to change become possible to endure." - Russell M. Nelson
My friend L…. said this of her son on Facebook at his time of death:
“He died suddenly and unexpectedly, and this loss is incomprehensible. Think beautiful thoughts of him.” How sweet is that from a grieving mom?
LIFE
IS TOO
SHORT
FOR SO MUCH
SORROW…
(I’M GRATEFUL FOR THE GOSPEL, AND MY TESTIMONY OF LIFE EVERLASTING, which helps me to cope with loss and sorrow)
We better be nice to everyone, because we don’t know when God will want them back
SIDE NOTE……..As I was writing this post, my Neighbor came to tell me my friend Connie had died. He asked me to speak at the funeral. I was also asked to sing with 4 other friends “How great thou art”.
A truly amazing spiritual experience.
I love you all my friends.
…….and life goes on.
Tomorrow we have 2 more viewings to attend.

5 comments:
Love you my friend and I can't wait to give you a bug hug one day. I too, have thought that something must be going on for Heavenly Father to be gathering up so many right now. I know we will know the why some day, and I have faith that He is truly in charge and wants us to be happy, even if it means going through sadness to get there. Blaine used to laugh at all of my "invisible friends", but I know there are certain people that were meant to be in our lives, and even though we've only been friends through the internet, I'm thankful for your friendship and support. I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much loss right now, too. It feels like things are hastening around us, doesn't it? I feel like the Second Coming can't be far off. I say bring it on. :)
xoxo
I forgot to say, that quote by Jeffrey Holland, I find myself repeating it a lot.
You always find great quotes that lift and inspire ! Death is always hard to deal with but aren't we blessed to understand that it is not the end!
What a beautiful post Sue. I can barely see my screen through my tears.
I agree, there does seem to be much heartache and sorrow around us lately. It seems at least once a week, I hear of someone losing a loved one.
Makes me just ready for Jesus to come.
xoxo
You have inspired me so many times through the years. Thank you for articulating your thoughts in such an uplifting way.
Post a Comment