My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, August 30, 2009

May Sunday help with what "ails" you..




Have you noticed there is a pill for just about everything. A pill to get up in the morning, one to go to sleep, one that makes you happy, and one to help you digest your food.

There are pills to take the pain away, to help our hearts work, ones to help us go to the bathroom. Headache pills and thyroid pills. Don't forget the hormone pills.


There are pills we shouldn't take. Ones that help us forget our troubles. One's that if we take too many can cause addiction.


In a world of "here take this, and everything will be better"..Perhaps, just maybe we could try adding one more "PILL" to lifes many ills and challenges: One that promises no addiction whatsoever. One that clears the head and helps us to focus on what's right in our life and not what's wrong.


"MEDICATE WITH PRAYER"


I'm extremely grateful for the meds that I take that help to sustain me, where my own body cannot produce what I need. But the greatest medication I try to take daily is prayer.


Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Great words of wisdom! Thank you:)

It is truly amazing though how many pills we have to cures what ales you, scary.....

tammy said...

Great thought!

I have thought about how many drugs there are out there, and how many come with complications that sound worse than the ailment!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

AMen

Anonymous said...

I though you were gonna say pill-ow. I looked at that first picture and thought of pillow and then the two saying their prayers. That is true I am afraid. But a pillow to rest and rejuvenate on is or meditate on is good. Great post. Thanks for your visit today.
QMM

mCat said...

Love this! Just this morning I was counting the different pills in my hand, and granted all but on are actually vitamins and supplements, but still.

I need to remember prayer more often

Devri said...

Great post! I so needed this, thanks

Brittany said...

ummmmm... as long as i can still take my 'other' pills... hahaha