My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tender mercie Tuesday!!
















There is nothing worse than getting a phone call late at night saying a loved one is on their way in an ambulance and is struggling to breathe.


Alex, my darling precocious 3 yr. old fell down the loft stairs in her bedroom. They took her to Primarys childrens hospital.

Today she is tired and sore, has a minor concussion and a hairline break in her pelvis. No one can tell me that all her loved ones praying for her didn't help.

Even though my car didn't start today and it was a major pain to get it to the dealership..My grand daughter is alive and breathing..Life is good.
I love you Alexandra..my little "poppy"
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad she is okay too. You are right nothing is worse, and then the car. I love the quote from Jane Austen about staying at home. I worked all my married life, when my children were growing up and I used to love to travel. Now nothing is better than staying home, or visiting family.
QMM

kado! said...

oh...i hope she continues to heal very quickly....she is a cutie!

mCat said...

I am glad that things weren't worse! And here's to hoping she heals quickly. She needs her gramma right now : )

Joe and Marci said...

We are all so relieved she is okay!! It definitely is a tender mercy Tuesday!

tammy said...

So glad she is doing okay. You're right, nothing is scarier.

Scrappy Girl said...

Oh Sue...I am so glad she is ok. What a sweet girl...I hope she mends quickly.

Jamie said...

OH, that is very scary. I am glad she is ok!!!

tiki_lady said...

so sweet, such a tender mercy. when faced with inconveniences once put in the big picture they are just minor little mishaps. A car that won't start is so minor to a little girls struggle with air. i am so grateful prayers were answered and so glad that your grandaughter is ok, I hope your car was fixed too.

Brittany said...

so awful... you're right, there is nothing worse than those moments. I loveLoveLOVE your photos in the post above- how much fun can you have! glad the little missy is doing alright though-