My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

24th of July......


Because we have such a big celebration on the 4th of July, we don't plan on family coming over. usually they are with the other side of their families...But this year we lucked out..Jake and Liz's family spent the day with us.


We swam.....


Had KFC grilled chicken, with beans, corn on the cob, rolls and my special potato salad.


Liz and I took the girls and Andrew to see Ramona and Beezus....cute movie!!!




We chilled playing with the i-pad----listening to I'm "a
gummy bear"..Bridger's favorite song




we sat on the front lawn for hours watching the kids play...


Bridger liking the grass..



Alex, Andrew, Sammie, Bridger and Christian



played the stick game....










had fun taking pictures of the yard...





some football



posing for the camera





playing footsies


Alex doing g-pa's hair


Bridger eating!!

swinging around!!!!



Our treat was homemade vanilla ice cream
and homemade frozen raspberry yogurt


I think everyone liked the frozen yogurt the best...We have tons of raspberries in our yard. It was fun to use them in such a yummy treat.


Hope all of you had a fun 24th remembering our pioneer heritage and enjoying time with family and friends.

2 comments:

mCat said...

that frozen yogurt looks DE-LISH!!

Jamie said...

Beutiful yard! Wish we could get that here in AZ. looks like a fabulous 24th!