My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hernia Surgery....


(I had to include these beautiful flowers that people sent me)

I waited to have the 24th over with before going into surgery...


I had a hernia that was giving me trouble.



(my hubby took a couple of pics. to send my boys) you don't think it was my idea do you?


My surgery took place at LDS hospital by Dr. Livers..



I was given a priesthood blessing before going in, and everything happened


the way it was suppose to. My Dr. said I was a model patient and it was a perfect surgery.
♥


I appreciated the phone calls, flowers and food..


♥


Every once in a while we all need to be cared for. When it's your turn, to receive some tender loving care, remember what you appreciated the most... so you can do it for someone else
♥


When I said to my DIL, you didn't need to bring me dinner ..you have 6 kids and you are so busy..She said "that's what you do"..When someone isn't feeling well you take in dinner..


♥


That's what we women do..We take care of others..We were born to be nurturers.


Thanks everyone


I love you all..


9 comments:

mCat said...

Sounds like you breezed right through it!
My son had his appendix taken out up there when he was about 10. The tube down his throat also knocked out 3 teeth. I was hoping they wouldn't charge me for extra "removals" : )

Michael and Natalia said...

ouch! I'm glad you are OK. I know, you have a great husband and 6 amazing sons and to take care of you, but if there's room for us to help out in ANY way, we would be happy to! please, let us know. get well soon!!! ♥

Michael and Natalia said...

oh, and by "sons" I meant their wives as well. I bet it was Marci, who made dinner :) but even if not, she would probably be there before you know it!

Michael and Natalia said...

Oh, I meant FIVE!!! Duh!

Joe and Marci said...

You look fantastic and I'm glad you were a model patient :) But take it easy don't over do, you know how us women can be :)
By the way, thanks for the cake, it didn't last long at our house! Love you!
(and thank you Natasha for the kind words :)

Scrappy Girl said...

Glad things went well...{{hugs}}

btw...gorgeous flowers!

tammy said...

I'm so glad surgery went well and you're recovering. Sometimes it's hard to be on the receiving end of service, but it's good to let others receive the blessing of helping us. That being said, I'm not good at letting others help me.

Brittany said...

hope your getting back to your rockin self ;) ps-mom came home today. luv u

tiki_lady said...

I know I late, but I couldn't let this go without a comment. I'm so glad all went well. You are a very special lady who gives so much to others. I'm glad people were there for u. Bcuz thats what friends do.