My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Friday, September 17, 2010

A day of Pigs and cows.....

Monday was going to be another boring day of cleaning house and doing laundry..
But, My DIL (MARCI) called and asked if I wanted to go to the fair with her and the kids..
heck yes!!!!
♥♥♥♥
first stop-We picked up some bushels of fun



Next stop the sea lions........



It was a hot day--kinda wished we could have driven in this around the area..
They had fun games for the kids...
ready set------ fill the bags with dirt



then put goggles on, then make a word out of glow sticks




then get a sticker and keep your whistle that you had to blow...
♥♥♥
oh yes we did!!!!!! we saw the pigs race..
we saw fun, funny and weird stuff...
a goat with a goatee

a bird with a major goiter problem....


and what would a fair be without the alligator on a stick!!!












pee-uuuuu it stinks in here!!!!
♥♥♥
if you like honey you would appreciate these bees working hard...

Marci and her beautiful chillins

another perfect moment for a grand-ma

time out-----we need ice cream




We even had time to clown around!!!
we stopped for snacks and watched the sea lion show....
Emma what are you saying to KoKo?

Annie was simply adorable...not a peep



We stopped in one of the shops to ask for directions and found these darling rocking horses that the kids loved...





we found carrots.....


and blue ribbon pumpkins



♥♥♥♥
after the fair we went to Hires rootbeer and had a yummy lunch

Thanks Marc...for inviting me.
It's been a long time since this old gal went to see pigs, cows, quilts and the ferris wheel..
I had a great time.

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Thanks for coming with us, I couldn't have done it without you!! It was such a fun day, maybe next time we'll bring the men :)

mCat said...

I wish I didn't have a gajillion things to do this weekend, so I could take Sissy to the fair.
Looks like good fun!