My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We Labored...on Labor Day!!!

You know those days when you have a plan...and then your
day ends up being something different?
The plan was for all the kids and their families to come swimming
for the last time of the season...
But..
When I woke up, I had an impression we should go help our son paint his fence.
So we did!!!

Grand-pa and kiddos
Little Annie banannie!!!

G-ma and her little ones


Camri Sue the tree climber



Joe and Mark getting things ready


KoKo and Emma trimming and helping their mom


Cute Marci, mother of 6 helping in the yard...




oh yeh!!!!! we had some good helpers

Get ready... Set..... SPRAY!!!!!!!!


grand-pa and KoKo doing the hand painting
♥♥♥
Emma was hoping for some happy mail
But notta!! nothin!!! Maybe tomorrow

we played shadows....

we played being patriotic

we rode bikes


we hummed the song: "Bad to the bone".....
come on Beau---lighten up!!
Annie was just happy to be included in all the fun

after the work was done..we went for mexican food


then we went swimming.....no one else showed up!!!
Too bad they missed out on one beautiful splish splash
Day!!!





Colin asked me to take this picture of him swimming
(nice one Colin)




Then we went inside to watch the Boise STate game against Virginia Tech!!!
Wow..what a game
We feasted on Roasted turkey, avacado sandwiches, chips, salad
and Strawberry shortcake..
Thanks Joe and Marci for a fun day.

4 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Fun!! We had a great time with you guys and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to steal every single one of these pictures :) Thanks for a fun weekend...bring on the Fall!

Brittany said...

hey the recipe thing is a great idea!- especially if everyone posts! that'd be awesome... i'll get to work ;)

i didn't realize it's my first recipe post... since moving to salt lake and quitting my job two years ago, i started doing alot of recipes and cooking experiments and came up with some awesome stuff... but i think you're right about me not posting it! ...cuz i'm weird! ;)

Scrappy Girl said...

We labored on Labor Day too...boy it sure feels good to get some of those projects completed! With Dr. Hubby's schedule they were Lllooooonnnggg over due. Those grand kiddos are all such cuties!

mCat said...

What a great labor day. I did NOTHING! It was kind of boring actually - I should have tagged along with your clan!