My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas--"Rush"---less party

The following are pictures in my kitchen
during Christmas..They say it all!
The picture is called "Christmas Rush"--and I think
captures some of what most of us feel during the holidays.

Right next to the picture is this sign..
Sooo....When you are trying to get it all done,
 and your son calls and says
"MOM
we would like to host a Party
 to get the Christmas season going"
I was thrilled.
Because I didn't have to do one thing.
Ethan and Amy provided the food.
Chili with all the fixins
 (cheese, onions, sour cream)
baked potatos, rolls, chips and dips,
 little smokies, and all sorts of treats
and drinks.
****we learned as we were getting
 ready to leave that they
forgot to bring out the ham,
 pasta salad and fruit salad..
(hate it when that happens)
*****
We ate first



then there was chilling and talkin:
Justin is our baby whisperer..
All the little ones like him best♥
My pink girl in her pink outfit with pink boots...

We had to check on the Cowboys game..

*
This train set was won by Ethan.
 Mark and I were ready to part ways with
it, and had the boys put their names in the bag.
 Ethan won it!!
It's a treasure now. Worth a lot of money.
That's us, we give gifts that keep on giving.
cousins loving cousins♥♥








We had a special guest: Santa and his helper
with chocolate bars for everyone!






Ok, Ok....we are ready!!!
 to do the white elephant gift
exchange....
You don't want number 1 and you don't want the last number....
somewhere in the middle is good...
Yeh, I got 13!!.

Simple rules, 2 trades then it's a done deal!!


Everyone wanted Mikes hamburger bank. There were
blankets, pillows, car mats, art supplies, football figues, ear plugs
gummy bears...A little of everything nice.
(or so I thought)

It's so not about the gift right?
 WRONG..
It's totally about  "NOT" getting
 that one gift that someone
calculated to throw everyone off with..
yep, that's the one I went home with.
BUT...
It's because I'm the best grandma ever.
My 12 year old KoKo picked this
 and tried ever so hard to trade.
She looked at me with those big sad eyes, and ye.sir.ee 
I traded with her.
She'll love me forever and like me for always.
(as I was driving home
 I thought the good news is I don't need this gift, YET..
except maybe when I laugh, sneeze or cough..
Oh Crap, I do need it..
Next year won't come soon enough, when everyone has forgotten
about my gift.
Oh yes, we will be re-gifting this one..
unless?
****
After the gift exchange we played x-box and did a little dancin..
(ok, a lot of dancin)
The twinners..Jake and Joe
(yeh! for Jake feeling better after passing kidney stones on Thanksgiving)
 A little competition between Lauren-- a high school cheerleader and Kaeli
---a high school basket ball player.
 The Peach and Justin.. Can I say SWEAT!!!!!!!
 A little mommy action..Go Liz and Heather
Emma and Autumn
Brothers Mark and Luke
 Dakota and Samantha
Exhausted, happy, full
 and that's all folks...
Thank you Ethan and Amy for a fun Party..
The Christmas Season has begun for the Heugly's

6 comments:

CB said...

Looks like a super fun family party!! Love all the dancing :-D

Had to laugh about the baby whisperer - that is what we call my husband too.

Anonymous said...

You always have a lot of togetherness at your parties and everyone is always smiling and having a great time. Loved your Depends...definitely a regift for next year.

Joe and Marci said...

Dakota will forever be grateful that she didn't have to take home the diapers, every time she uses her new markers, she'll think of you :)
It was such a fun party and this post was cracking me up!!

tammy said...

Looks like a fabulous time! love those white elephant gifts!

mCat said...

Looks like so much fun! The white elephant game is the BEST! We do it on both sides and I watch all year for something "good" to pass off. I love the Depends idea, think my bonco group will get that one.

Brittany said...

hey! long time no comment ;) what a fun party! ethan and amy's parties are always the best. and i adore that christmas pic of the girl... i've definitely felt like that a day or two... or ten! i sure miss you sue! it's been forever, seriously. hope things are good and the season is happy!