My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, December 19, 2011

The cold, the yuk, and the beautiful...

This has been one of the coldest winters ever!
The inversion super nasty.

Our gang has had the flu, strep throat, pink eye
raspy coughs etc...
but even when we are sick
 we can look cute at the Doctors
office with our colorful ensemble!!
Alex, you are adorable

Grandma not so much.. That's right posterity
I don't look perfect all the time..
especially when I have the flu!
But....I can look pretty good when going to the Salt Lake Country Club
with a little make up, perfume and some nice clothes
with grandpa...

4 comments:

tammy said...

I do not miss UT weather and that yucky inversion one bit! I love that you posted that pic of yourself. You are beautiful no matter what!

mCat said...

You are beautiful even when you don't have make up on! And I recognize the familiar surroundings at the doctors office. Hope your season of sick is over now!

CB said...

You are such a beautiful woman - even when you have the flu!!
We have an inversion as well and it is sooooo cold and no moisture, no snow in sight - which is kind of nice but still...it's Christmas. I'm waffleing - ha ha!!

Have a GREAT day!!

CB said...

Sue - I didn't do anything to the window except add the brass hooks on each side so I could hang stuff.
It is glass panes.
I literally found it at an antique store out in the back all covered in dirt and spiderwebs.
I brought it home, cleaned it up, but left the paint all peely, etc...I love it.
Oh, I did test the paint for lead since it would be in the house.