We try to support the Festival of Trees every year,
even if its just to buy a ticket
and walk down aisles of love, tears and memories.
There were over 700 trees, wreaths,
gingerbread houses, treats and quilts
for sale to help raise money for The Primary Children's hospital.
100% of the money goes to the center for children.
Since 1971 they have raised over 29 million dollars.
This year Marci, me and the kids went to find our favorite tree.
Dakota liked this tree which also had her name on the display..
Dakota Avenue. Kinda sweet don't you think?
Dakota is into books..She reads allllllll the time.
So this tree caught her eye for sure.
The whimsical side of KoKo is her love of monkeys.
Yep this tree was for her!
Emma loved this tree with all sorts of art supplies.
Very creative indeed
just like Emma.
And....she had to take her picture at the angel tree.
Emma and I held hands throughout the festival. We both got
teary a few times of the trees dedicated to loved ones. This was such a tree.
Colin is a boy, is a boy, is a boy and loves sports!
so this tree called his name.
more sports.
And when he isn't in a jersey, hes playing pirates, and drawing ships.
Gotta love this tree.
Camri is about dolls, and princesses.
She saw this tree and was giddy with excitement.
ok..".this is the one Grandma.
This is my favorite with all the
This is my favorite with all the
dolls".
Beau's cheeks turned bright red,
and it was "mom, look, mom look!!!!!"
every second.
He loved every one of them.
My son works for Struck Axiom and their company bought 2 trees.
This is one of them. A tree made out of tires, called the motorcycle tree.
The other tree was a Believe tree called Grace.
My picture was blurry, but it was gorgeous.
This was one of my favorites...
The super hero tree got every ones attention!!!
We saw some unusual items too!
The chest of Who.
The "UP" gingerbread house
Marci and the kiddos
Grandma and her treasures.
This is a holiday tradition, with a great purpose
and begins the Christmas season
with gratitude and love, and an opportunity to give back.
We stopped for ice cream sundays on the way home.
Isn't life SWEET?

4 comments:
Life is soooo Sweet :-D
I love the Festival of Tree's - it is pretty amazing what talent people have and the ideas they come up with. I mean, who would have thought to make a tree out of tires? Pretty neat!
I love it! I need to know when you went so I can go at the same time next year, it looked empty! I love that you loved the Grace tree, we know that family personally and they'll love to hear that :) You're awesome! Love you!
Such amazing trees! So fun to see.
I LOVED your post on this! THe tire tree was certainly unique and I loved seeing your pictures and the ones that caught your kids' eyes.
It's such a great thing isn't it?
Post a Comment