New York in June 2012 was gorgeous!!!
Not too hot or cold.
This was Marks last Business trip to the big Apple.
*
Just a few celebs if you will, were also visiting while we were there.
The Obamas, Justin Beiber and the Beach Boys.
Obama showed up at the Freedom Tower to sign a Steel beam,
"We Remember, We Rebuild, We come back stronger"
I remember President Obama was a no-show
two years in a row for the 9/11 anniversary
remembrance in 2009, and 2010.
But they weren't re-election years.
I'm sorry to say this, but milk it Obama for what its worth.
Some Amercians will never forget.
remembrance in 2009, and 2010.
But they weren't re-election years.
I'm sorry to say this, but milk it Obama for what its worth.
Some Amercians will never forget.
(Empire State Building)
We always have business in Brooklyn, and we usually stay at the
Marriott. We like the rooms and the service is good.
After a few days we move to the city.
But this year we stayed in Brooklyn the whole time. Here's why.
But this year we stayed in Brooklyn the whole time. Here's why.
The rooms in the city are double the price and not as nice. So
we opted to stay in Brooklyn and take taxis to the city.
It worked wonderfully.
(Brooklyn Bridge)
Because we have been to NYC so much and I have taken a zillion pictures,
I asked Mark what should we take pictures of this time? He said food!!!
So Food it is.
First stop "Juniors"...It is a landmark. Never been before this trip.
It came highly recommended, especially for their cheesecake.
We shared all our meals..
Here's our Greek salad, sandwich and yummy strawberry cheesecake.
(I had one bite)
(I had one bite)
Day 2...... Was flag day..
It wasn't hard to find a flag.
*
This was our favorite meal of the trip!!
This was our favorite meal of the trip!!
They only take cash or American Express!
Weird huh?
Here's our beet salad with crustini's with melted goat cheese..
To die for!!!!!
If you are a fan of French Onion soup, then
you would love this!
1/2 roasted chicken and mashed potatoes!!!
my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Creme brulee, yes please....
Next day..City time.
We love Saks 5th avenue for lunch
(Saks is the bldg. in background with all the flags)
Loved their crab corn chowder and chicken sandwich!
Mark had a portabello grilled cheese and chowder!
Walking around Rockefeller square is always entertaining.
We had to shop the Lego store,
because we have a grandson who is a lego's geek!!!
That's right our Luke is brilliant! and can put anything to together
from memory over and over again.
oh yeh, this dragon is made out of legos
Here's Rockefeller sq. out of legos too.
Real pictures of the Sq.
Did you know below Rockefeller sq.
they have a bazillion shops and more restaurants?
me either, until this trip.
After sight seeing all day and shopping we stopped for a little snack.
yeh, we kinda needed more butter with our bread!!! haha
Cheese and bread and meats..
***
Another new day.
BTW
I exercised every day in my room, before
starting the fun. While doing so I caught
Katie Couric on TV who was interviewing
Jabari Parker, a high school basketball player
who happens to be a MORMON. She was interviewing
him in an LDS Stake Center.
Parker is the most celebrated high school
basketball player in the country.
He's even been on Sports Illustrated..
I was impressed.
I'm anxious to see whether this young man
who has a strong belief in the church will be the
first Black Mormon to ever be drafted, or will he serve a mission first?
You will hear more about this young man.
*********
One day we had the Breakfast buffet.
Fruit and yummy lemon, blueberry cake.
(which was so good that I came home and made some)
check here to get my recipe.
This is our family recipe blog.
Here's my darlin paying for everything like he alwaysdoes...He's my sugar daddy♥
Back to the city again
gotta love the views.
and the spectacle!!! Hey wouldn't this make great Halloween
costumes for next year? how did they do this I wonder?
Times Square.
On one of the buildings they had a saying that said:
" New York, where Adults have more to talk about than their kids"
Is it me, or is that almost rude and condescending?
I love to talk about my kids..
Guess its a good thing I live in Salt Lake City.
whoopsies...they wanted money to have their
picture taken with us..
Sorry Strawberry shortcake, we hava no cash!!!
Here's the billboard for Rock of Ages..
Am I the only one that wants to see this movie?
******
We went to see a Broadway show.
Matthew Broderick
was in it.
It was called :
"NICE WORK if you can get it"..
(and you can get it if you try..)
O-Kay, Loooooved this show. Funny, musical
and totally entertaining for 2 hours and 40 minutes.
(It was a bit pricey..over $500.00 but, we had
fabulous seats.)
Saint Mary's CathedralOne thing we have to do whenever we go to NY is go to Stage Deli.
We order 1 Pastrami Reuben and share.
What you are looking at is 1/2 of the enormous
sandwich they give you. Mark was in Sandwich heaven.
I don't like this much meat...But is was tasty.
********
We got home Sunday afternoon, just in time for some of
the "FAM" to come over and say HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO MARK.
We had Sandwiches, and I made Sticky toffee pudding.
We watched the NBA finals.
Kaeli our 17 year old, came to show us her new car.
But here are the boyz and their dad♥♥♥
Great week, lots of fun, incredible shopping finds,
and delicious food.
Thanks Mark for a fun time in New York.
love you♥





3 comments:
We MUST go with you one of these days. I love the food pictures!
Oh how wonderful NYC is! You captured it wonderfully.
And yes BO - it is an election year, so of course he's gonna milk it.
Whatev's - we are smarter than that : )
What a fun trip. I love all the pictures, even though I'm starving now! That french onion soup looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipes. Can't wait to go check them out.
Post a Comment