My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Worth remembering....


Our lesson in Relief Society was on children.
How much they matter....
How they teach us....
The teacher asked for others to share
stories where they were taught by their chidren.
****
A sister raised her hand and said she had a son
 who was naughty and would forever
go outside with his socks on and no shoes.
Dirty socks, Socks with holes over and over.
This mother had enough. She was angry at her son,
 and finally brought him to tears,
when her daughter spoke up and said to her, 
"Mom, you are making him cry over socks?
That's all that was said.
******
Doesn't that sentence speak volumes?
 

"BEHOLD YOUR LITTLE ONES"

3 comments:

George said...

You do a beautiful job with your
blogging.......It is like going to
the movies.........Mom......p.s.
I love you............

George said...

You do a beautiful job with your
blogging.......It is like going to
the movies.........Mom......p.s.
I love you............

mCat said...

Powerful example of how careful we need to be with the hearts of our little ones.