My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, September 10, 2012

Blue moon


My photos

 
 
On August 31, 2012 we had a Blue moon.
Not that it was the color of Blue,
 but it was the second moon in a single
month.
That doesn't happen very often...
(once in a blue moon...ha ha)
Next Blue Moon-----2018
********
Also what doesn't happen very often for no reason,
Mark surprised me with these gorgeous flowers.
I think it just might have had something to do with the fact we had just
watched Mitt Romney give
 his speech at the RNC, and Mitt said
" My mom and dad were married for 64 years . And if you
wondered what their secret was, you could have asked the local
florist.

   Because every day, dad gave mom a Rose, which he put on the
bedside table. That is how she found out my father had
died. She went looking for him because, that morning, there was
no rose".

*******Whatever the reason Mark, I loved them and
appreciated the thought.
xoxoxoxo



1 comment:

tammy said...

Oh now I get the blue moon comment...ha!

Gotta love a man that gives flowers just because. I loved hearing Mitt speak, and everyone else speak that night too.