I was so excited this year when I had heard about the wonderful opportunity
for women.
It's called Time out for women.
I went with my girls, Liz, Amy and Marci.
It was so much fun.
This was their Christmas and birthday gift from last year.
I paid for the seminar, the meals, and the rooms.
(what a great tradition)
We stayed at the Crystal Inn which was
walking distance for the entire 2 day event.
We had dinner at the cracker barrel.
Ann Romney was a speaker. She was amazing.
Sheri Dew with Marci and Amy. She was one of the speakers as well.
Lucky girls..I missed out on that one.
My favorite picture, and it so happens my girls gave it to me framed
on Thanksgiving as a gift.
Thanks girls…I love it.
Some of the quotes that I loved.
Think higher
Believe Higher
Live Higher
Angels of heaven are walking beside us.
What does a sister of Zion look like?
Evil did not win.
God's love heals all things that trouble us.
God allows us to make our own choices for that is how we become good.
Are you happy with the woman you have become?
Do we authorize the spirit to teach us?
God expects us to learn his language.
He wants us to talk to him.
God has a heart that beats with ours.
God has power to save families.
Heaven consists of the relationships we have here.
God weeps for us.
We don't belong here..We are just pilgrims passing through. We are visitors.
Always look forward.
Your heart grows deeper and stronger with each child added to your family
You talk when you cease to think.
We can't be defined by the one good thing in our life or the one bad thing in our life.
What matter unorganized do you have in your basement?
evil thoughts=evil deeds
good thoughts=good deeds
How do we get rid of a bad thought?
a song, picture, or good thought
We can control our thoughts
Repentance is a change of mind
If you wander keep your thoughts on a leash
read-think-ponder
meditation is a form of prayer
we need 10-15 minutes of quiet time to be still and listen
Ponder- to do list
Ponder- to be list
inspiration comes in quiet settings
Our soul yearns for pondering
the sacrament is a good time to reflect
The savior will come as soon as he can,
in the mean time-think good thoughts
I need another second chance
experiment with the rice. hate/ love and put in separate rooms.
Talk to the rice.
words make a difference.
since 2000 a General Authority has spoken of importance of kind words.
a heart can be changed by one word- love
I am beautiful, healthy, dynamic, courageous and capable
(I matter, I can make a difference, I am loved) my chosen words for me
Do we have a junk drawer, junk room, or a junk house?
rely on the spirit and our ability to create will increase
God, you made me..What do you want me to do?
What do you do when prayer doesn't work?
Wrestle, pour out, ponder.
What is in me..get rid of it
Don't be bashful with God
If we don't pour out, those feelings grow inside
If you don't pour out, God can't pour in
God only does what benefits us
He can do whatever he wants
and God always wants to give us more than we ask
Never make a decision based on fear
Have a prayer of quiet
Father I love you and your son..
Be quiet and be in love with me.
Be quiet and feel Gods love for you.
Prayer of recollection as opted to prayer of quiet
Knock at the door--God knows our voice
******************
I so needed this time out with my girls.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.


No comments:
Post a Comment