My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Moments of magic...



 Every little decoration brings a memory of joy and magic.
These blue and white ornaments in my kitchen
 were given to me by Mark that he got on his trip to Holland.
I am happy to have someone to share these moments with.


My sweet 84 yr. old mom gave me this nativity set. 
She has given me many treasures in my lifetime.
Each time I see them, I remember her.


We are all about sports in our family..
What a surprise to find out that my "grand" Mark loves to play the Tuba.
Not a sports guy. At all.  I love that about him.
He is his own person, and is so very proud of it.
Here he is playing Christmas music on the fiddle.
That's right, the fiddle and tuba.
Love this kid.

I always buy my kids the same things for Christmas..
Not this year. The spirit spoke to my soul, and I knew I needed to
make my son who is 43 a new blanket.
Let me explain…
He still has a piece of his childhood blankie that he sleeps with.
You have never seen so much joy and gratitude, from a grown adult.
Nylon tricot on both sides.
Truly a magic moment for me.



My granddaughter sent me the pic of Justin with his new blankie.
He is in heaven.



Every Thursday morning at 7:00 I go to the Temple with my friends.
During  the Christmas season we were privileged to see this at Draper Park..
Pictures don't even capture the beauty..
The tree of heaven all lit up just for me..



 Mark and I going out to dinner. The 2 of us. Magic.

No, we don't have kids living at our home, but we have each other. Who
said we can't make and decorate Christmas cookies?
So yummy!


Even though we are officially out of our home ward for the next 3 years, 
we managed to go to our home ward Christmas party.
Had a great time, framing a few memories.


What's Christmas time without a few extra goodies? 
I made Mark his mom's delicious lemon meringue pie.
Close, I have to say..Very close to his mom's.



Dear posterity….
.Just to prove that not everything I make is fabulous and delicious:
I made these gingerbread men cookies for Emma. My gluten free gal.
No, they didn't taste any better than they looked.
A pinterest fail.
Emma and I had a good laugh.






No comments: