My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, January 13, 2014

Merry December 25th


I goofed right?
 It's suppose to be Merry Christmas and not Merry December.
Well posterity, 
This Christmas was different for me.
It was one of the best Christmas's ever, and one of the hardest.
Let me explain:
I TRIED SO HARD.. 
To have everything perfect.
Did everything. Planned well, was organized.
Wrote my personal history and had it published, 
to give out as a gift.
 Made Hawaii books for each
 individual and put together a DVD of all the past activities
 the  family had been involved with the past 2 years. With text. With music.
I bought all the food and made everything for Christmas dinner. By. Myself.

And then it happened.
2 days before December 25th.

 News that Christmas would not be the same this year.
Disappointment doesn't cover it. 
Tears didn't help.
 I had to accept what was and move on. 
And so I did.

I realized even the best day of the year can be imperfect...
But to learn that I wouldn't be able to share Christmas with the entire family.
 (and probably the entire week of Christmas and New Years) was hard on the emotions.
I realized the greatest gift I receive each year is time with my family!
If I never received a material gift again in exchange for time with them....I would take it.  I would take it any time.
Spending time with my family was the greatest gift I received this season.








































It was amazing after all.
I learned that you can still carry on with a broken heart.
You must for posterity sake.
I also learned a new word:
"BLESSON"
A blesson is what happens when you see the blessing in
the lesson your challenge taught you.

I love my family with all my being.

Thank you Heavenly Father and Jesus.
This was a Christmas I "got it"..
The Savior's atonement covers all pain,
 disappointment, and heartache.
Especially at Christmas time.
Thanks for healing my heart so quickly.
I loved my 2013 December 25th.

1 comment:

Joe and Marci said...

Yep, Christmas was different, but it was wonderful thanks to you guys! And yep, I'll be stealing some of these pictures :)