I'm a "quote" and "thought" kinda gal. When I hear something I like it stays with me for days. I'll put it on my fridge, or cupboard or file it away in drawers.
``````````
`````````
Lately, I have little piles of inspirational sayings, all over the house. After downloading my blog into a book, I loved it so much, I thought why stop there?
`````````
````````````
I created a private blog several weeks ago. It has favorite stories of mine, talks I have given at church. My quotes and little sayings that have shaped me as a person over the years. Spiritual, funny and thought provoking words.
`````````
````````````
The book is in alphabetical order. This will be a labor of love. I'm going through boxes, drawers and files now. I have 110 posts already...(only the best go on the blog) When I'm done, it will have quite an eglectic selection of Sue's favorite words to live by..
``````````
`````````````
My goal is to publish it and give it to my kids..I would have loved to have known what inspired my dad after he died, and what kept him going.
`````````````````
````````````````
Last week I heard and saw one of Rhianna's latest tattoo's which is on her chest and spelled backwards...so she can read it forward when looking into the mirror.
It says "Never a failure Always a lesson"
.jpg)
I'm glad I have a place to put a new thought rather than on my chest.... This quote will go in my "failure category"..
```````````
`````````````
Do you do anything special with what inspires you?
```````````
``````````
What's one of your favorite quotes that you live by?

6 comments:
no but i should! I love that we can just create blogs for our own and print them. I love that you have this in store for your children. They will love and appreciate it too. Um... can i be one of your kiddos? They won't have to split the inheritance, um... unless you know No one wants the house. Then of course, I could take THAT off their hands. LOL
What a great idea - the book not the tattoo! I should do the same thing.
I love quotes too. I think that is one reason I love Mary Engelbreit's art...it is always illustrating a cute thought.
My all time fave quote is from Abe Lincoln. "Most people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be." Mary E. has some cute notebooks and such available at Micheals craft store right now in the $1 bins with that quote. I found this quote when I was at a very low low point. I was SO tired of being depressed. I just couldn't shake it. It was scaring me. I read this quote one day...it changed my world.
My second favorite is from Thomas Jefferson..."When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
I am sure your children will cherish this gift you are preparing for them.
i usually "bookmark" any inspiration I come across on the computer! ;)
those are all beautiful quotes!
I have had this one on my fridge for several years now, and I love it.
"Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk."
I'm trying to be patient : )
Thanks for your suggestions..I'll be adding a few more thoughts to my list.
Post a Comment