My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who's your cheerleader?

2010 fans at the Olympics
BYU cheerleaders

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Our Bishop encouraged us in a leadership mtg. to be each others cheerleaders. He said when he played football, it was the cheering of the fans and cheerleaders that encouraged him to play hard and win the game.
````````
``````````


I've thought a lot about that lately, Don't we all need someone cheering for us?. Someone who is peppy and happy for us--they have front row seats to our game of life.



````````````
````````````
What would football games be without their fans and cheerleaders?



``````````
````````````


Wouldn't it be great if we all had a team cheering us on? A couple of people hanging out with us looking for opportunities to congratulate us for all the things we do right during the day.
``````

Wouldn't it be great to hear a cheer when you handled a problem right. Or someone did a flip when you were handling 3 things at the same time.
```````
Or how bout someone yelling "Goooooo Mom" as you make yet another wonderful meal in less than 30 min., change a diaper, and help your son with his homework.

`````````
We all need cheerleaders.

```````````



Motivation makes such a difference in our attitudes. We feel better, work harder, and enjoy life more when we think that others are appreciative of what we do.
````````````
For some reason, it is much easier for us to praise a dog just for sitting than it is to offer genuine praise to our spouses, friends. Maybe if people wagged their tails we would praise them more.
````````````
We go through our lives everyday and hundreds of people put forth effort to make our lives easier, safer, healthier, or more fulfilling. It takes only a minute to occasionally replace the habitual “Thank you”, with a comment of why you actually appreciate that person and their efforts.
``````````
Cheerleaders do more than congratulate us for doing something right. They also help us get back on track when something has gone wrong.
```````````
```````````
So...on this Tuesday notice who your cheerleaders are in your life..It might surprise you who they are.
``````
`````

Don't forget to be one yourself!! We are all struggling in one way or another.
Who's heart or spirit can we cheer on today?
````````
````````

8 comments:

tammy said...

What a great thought. We all need cheerleaders. I think that's part of why I like blogging. Just a comment from someone saying "way to go" or "I've been there, you can do it" can be just the encouragement I need.

Scrappy Girl said...

Yes, having a cheerleader makes you feel good! I think that SAHM's need them alot! We don't have the incentives or commissions or bosses to say "Job Well Done." Alot of times our significant other comes home from work and is too tired to notice the extra clean floors and dusted furniture. Sometimes it is hard not to take it personally.

I love being a cheerleader for my friends and family. I get really excited for them. I just cheered a hubby that was not excited about the work day out the door! I hope his day goes by quicker when he thinks about coming home to cuddle on the couch and watch American Idol!

Joe and Marci said...

YOU! You're my cheerleader...
thank you!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I love that you break things down for us and cheer us on to be better. I think I am abetter person and especially a better mil for knowing. You.

mCat said...

What a great post~!

I have lots of cheerleaders and definitely need to be a better one.
Thanks for the reminder!

tiki_lady said...

one year for christmas we bought my daughter this microphone dj thing, you would sing songs on it and then they had buttons of different applauses and cheers. I loved it so much, I bought it mostly for me! I drove everyone insane with this. I would go and push the button,when I did the dishes, cleaned the sink, any little thing. It became a game, and the family laughed at my sillyness, but they would do it too, and it soon became infectious, we were sad when the thing broke! LOL

Ane said...

I love your inspiring and thoughtful posts! I will be sure to be the best Cheerleader that I can, even if I don't look good in a mini-skirt and I can't do the splits...lol!
I love your blog! Thanks for being a great blog friend!

Michael and Natalia said...

One of my favorite posts, Sue! Definitely something I need to work on. I want to be the best cheerleader for my husband and kids. Thank you for the reminder!