My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, February 1, 2010

wrap up January post...

Here is my Monday morning "wrap up" for January 2010.....






soooo..... excited to get my blog published..Went to blurb.com one book was about $60.00 another was about $74.00
Has anyone done this where they could put a picture on the cover? That's probably the only thing I would change.


Another good site to go to is
sharedbook.com


`````````````````

```````````

Saturday was our Stake Education day..It was so inspiring. It was about rescuing others..Our family, the lost, the dead and then ideas were given for humanitarian service.


When I got home Joe and his boys were there and ready to go to lunch..We went to Stella's

and had French onion soup and Greek pasta salad..delish♥





``````````````

``````````````

my shots of the wolf moon which was out and so bright on Saturday night..Not the best pictures, but worth the memory.






``````````````

````````````````


Saturday night we went to see my son Jake coach his indoor football team...4 of my grand sons are on the team....



here I am with Bridger (my littlest angel, who has rsv right now)







seriously!!!what is Bridger doing?



Here's my litttle darlins...Dallas, Christian, Hunter and Christopher, all cousins playin for the same team.




Christian running the ball





Here's gramps with Leah..The cheering squad




Ethan and Amy















```````````````````

``````````````````````


We were invited to have cake with Colin on his birthday..


Colin's mom made two cakes..Star wars and a football one..The football cake was gluten free.Way to go Marc!!!!!
Look at the Christmas Tree in the corner...Gotta love a woman who can relax and not stress about puttin things away till she is good and ready...







```````````

``````````````



Marci needed me to watch the kids while she went to a business lunch with Joe...Here's the kids chillin at our house.







``````````````

`````````````


This last month had several of my relatives seeing Doctors and hospitals...


Many prayers were offered for my Aunt Marlene, my Sister Leslie and my grandson Mark..


So far everyone is o.k. Some very difficult surgerys and illnesses took place. Thank heavens for Good Doctors and Hospitals.


``````````````

`````````````


Some of our favorite movies we have gone to lately:
Blind side ***** (our favorite by far)
Sherlock Homes *****
Avatar****
Spy next door *
Leap year***
when in Rome**
Extraordinary Measures ***
````````````
`````````
Our favorite t.v. shows:
24
Mentalist
Castle
Bones
House
Human Target
`````````````
``````````````
Today is February 1st...let the fun begin

8 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Great pics!! I can't wait to see your books in person. Thanks for everything, love you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Peg, I have had 2 books done. Sharedbook.com was where I got mine with a picture on the front and one on the back. Since they can only do 1000 pictures in one book, I am doing mine in 3 month increments. I will send you my post via e-mail so you can see my book.
QMM

Brittany said...

how fun! i really wanna do the book thing! i've published some of my photos and things, but not actual blog posts... on my to do list ;)

kado! said...

i am in the middle of building my blog book on blurb...but I'm getting frustrated...it is harder than it looks...well it just takes so much of my time!!!

I love the football and R2D2 cake! awesome!

mCat said...

I like the picture of the moon. Very cool.
I love the full moon.

tiki_lady said...

I love this post full of goodness! WE have similar tastes in movies. We watched Avatar and for a animated type movie it wasn't so bad.
I love your tv shows. WE watch 24, bones, house and I have been hooked on White Collar! you gotta give that one a try.

tiki_lady said...

i have printed a hard copy book complete with a picture dust jacket through blurb.com and I have to say I am amazed by it. I love it. I made my book all on a black background. I am two years behind. Last year we didn't have the extra funds to print, and then we just finished up on this year. So, since we are employed I will be printing my book again. I am printing one a year, and my children love to thumb through and read about themselves!

Vicki Lynne said...

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your books! You spur me on! As far as movies, we loved Blindside and Avatar and then Extraordianary Measures.