My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wondering on this wednesday what's your love language?



This is the month of love..It's on our minds, as we think of all those we wish to express love to-- this Valentines..


As I was thinking about what to give my hubby, I wondered? Am I giving him what he wants or what I want?


S000000....

I went to the love Dr. for advice.


We are all trying to keep the love tank full. We all need to feel loved. It's a human emotional need. For love we will climb mountains and cross seas, quit our jobs, and lose our girlie bodies and have children.
♥
At my heart's deepest desire it was to be intimate and loved by another. Marriage is designed to meet that need for intimacy and love.


♥♥♥♥♥

Because of our love for one another we find appropriate ways to express our love.


But how does that work when we are all so different?

We must find out the love language of our mate, or Mother, or Son and Friend. We can then give them what they truly want from us, and hopefully they will do the same for us.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

So..I'm reminded once again what the 5 love languages are:


  1. Words of Affirmation

  2. Quality Time

  3. Receiving Gifts

  4. Acts of service

  5. Physical Touch

♥♥♥♥♥

I am definitely, words of affirmation and quality time...Write me a poem or love song..Notice what I do and compliment me on it.... And spend time with me...no distractions.

♥

My husband likes Physical touch and acts of service....If I give him a massage he's in heaven. If I work hard around the house and in the yard, oh yeh! he loves me...

♥

I suppose the "rub comes" when someone we care about has a different love language than ours... But, when we try to give them what they need, and when it doesn't come naturally to us it is a greater expression of love..

♥♥♥

So.. this Valentines I needed a little reminding to realize those around me "LOVE" me even tho they love in a different way than me. And that I will try to express my love in their language..and if this is all too confusing might I just remember the best lesson I ever learned on love found in the scriptures:


Over 2,000 years ago it was written in Luke about the life and teachings of the savior..In what many have called Jesus' greatest sermon, we were given love's greatest challenge when we were reminded to: love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, or annoy us, bless those who curse us or talk badly of us, pray for those who mistreat us or ignore us...Do unto others as we would have them do to us..

and I added this one: Love them with all your heart even tho they love you differently, and still haven't figured out what you need..

♥

This post was for me, (not my hubby) in case you were wondering.

however if he read this or anyone else near and dear to me and liked what they read, that would be good right?

Have a good Wednesday..Just wondering what is your love language?.....

7 comments:

mCat said...

Great post! After 25 years is it sad that I STILL don't know Splenda's language of love? I suppose we have just 'meshed' so well over the years, I haven't thought about it.
I should.

Brittany said...

i saw the guy who wrote a book about these several weeks ago on studio 5 (i think) and he was really awesome! i'd never heard these things spelled out in this way and it really made me think !

Joe and Marci said...

I'm totally Quality Time. "The Five Love Languages" is probably the best book on relationships I've ever read!

kado! said...

i think this was a great post! I like how you broke down the languages of love...I can see clearly what ones I'm very good at...and which ones I should be better at! The way we express love is not always the ideal way our partner likes to receive it...I always need to remember that! My husband loves me to be vocal...but after a day of cleaning and cooking I feel like I have told him I love him that way...it is something I work on daily!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am a gift and act of service girl...I love those. Dr. Hubby is a physical touch and act of service guy...the touch is hard for me...I was not raised in a huggy family...I am not a cuddler...I can not sleep with someone touching me...lol. I have to stretch to feed his need for physical touch...it is worth the effort.

tiki_lady said...

My love language is acts of service. I just eat it up and gush all over! My husband's as I suspect most men is the physical touch and words of affection and appreciation. Words come hard for me because my parents were never very vocal when expressing their true feelings and they also weren't touchy feely. I can't stand to be caressed. He likes to be gently rubbed on his arm or head! that would just drive me insane if someone or he did that to me. In fact, the kids think it's quite funny to annoy me all they have to do is rub my arm gently. ::eww, shivers:: LOL.

tammy said...

What does it say about me if I am a all of the numbers kind of girl? My husband would tell you "high mainenance"! But he loves me anyway so I guess that's good.