I am what you call a professional shopper.
I can find a bargain (or not) when I need to.
Being a professional doesn't mean you spend a lot of money.
Though I can do that better than anyone.
I take pride in the fact that labels, price or where I bought something
doesn't matter if it's what I want.
Case in point.
This picture was found in a thrift store.
I love it. That's all it took for me to buy it.
This chair was missing an arm and was at a garage sale for $20.00
We had the arm replaced. (can't even remember which one it was)
and recovered the chair.
It's perfect in my guest room.
This is one of my prized possessions.
It's an antique tea set. I found it at the DI for $12.00
This was a barbie playhouse we found at the DI for
$15.00. I put wallpaper in it and carpet and my "grands"
play with this all the time in my toy room..
This we found at a thrift shop-antique store. It's a brass punch bowl set
with all the cups. It's in my dining room.
Now I take you on a brief tour of my closet.
You'll understand in a moment.
We turned a bedroom into a closet.
Yes, at one point I was ashamed,
but I got over it quickly and besides it works out beautifully...
Yes, at one point I was ashamed,
but I got over it quickly and besides it works out beautifully...
I don't shop as much as I use to, because I just don't need anything. (as
you can see by my closet)
(My rule is if I buy something, I have to give something away)
*
Last Week my presidency served at the Deseret Industries ( major thrift shop in Salt Lake)
for a service project.
After we did our 2 hours we shopped. The DI? yes, remember I'm a professional shopper.
I found this Linen jacket that fits just like I want, short and boxy.
After we did our 2 hours we shopped. The DI? yes, remember I'm a professional shopper.
I found this Linen jacket that fits just like I want, short and boxy.
This Hawaiian shirt almost matches exactly one that my husband has.
It will look great with my Capri's.
This leopard sweater is a classic. It will never
go out of style, and looks great with skirts and pants.
This was my favorite..A grey crinkly jacket that will match all my
grey skirts. It's so cute.
These tops and one other cost me $20.00
not bad huh? The best part. They were barely worn. In fact one top was brand new.
******
About 10 years ago I was a personal shopper for Nordstrom. I got paid to
shop for other people. I organized and planned fashion shows and
taught people how to dress for success.
I learned while working there that there are only a few fashion houses.
Everyone gets their clothes basically from the same place.
They just put different labels on them..
For Example:
Once I bought a short lace jacket at ZCMI for $150.00
The next week my friend called me to say "You won't believe this, but
your jacket is in Walmart for $15.00"
Yes, it truly was. Just different labels.
***
The purpose of this post---don't get hung up on expense, labels
or stores.
Just buy what you want.
Any Professional shoppers out there?

3 comments:
Your closet (room) is to die for!
Just the other day, Splenda and I looked at each other and tried to remember the last time either one of us bought any thing - clothes wise.
I think it's time and if Target and Walmart have the same thing only different label - then you can guess where I'm headed! : )
Thanks for the 411 - I had no idea
Love your finds, and that you turned a bedroom into a closet. Great idea to give something away when you buy something. I should start doing that! You already know I am a shopper, but won't pay full price for anything either.
love this post (and don't ever feel bad about your closet....I think it's fabulous and I've had a real tour!)
we had a shopping RS activity where one of our ladies showed a bunch of examples of shopko finds vs. nordstrom finds and most of the time the shopko finds were cuter.
It was a great activity and great reminder that you can get great and cute things at a low price.
Post a Comment