My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 9, 2011

Murder mystery dinner with family....

Like, gag me with a spoon!
Just for kicks and giggles, my daughters-in-law Liz and Marci decided to throw a Murder mystery party. It was supposed to be for the twin’s birthday, but life got in the way. So, better late then never, right?

It was SO worth the wait!! Everyone was assigned a character and came dressed up in their ‘80’s attire. We had the rock stars, Base Squealey and Melinda Parnile…


The Prom Queen wannabe, Polly Pingmold,
and the CEO of Baqua Net Hairspray, Ivan Pingmold


Mr. D. and Cat Fenafar...
Lany Lou Metton, the gymnast and her man Bo Pontana…
And of course, the break dancer Turbozone Goobalo and his wife,
the narcoleptic ballerina, Kelly.


We started with appetizers and the first round of clues.
Liz’s decorations were totally rad!!



We moved to dinner where we had more clues…
We had a beautiful salad with strawberries and spinach.
We also had spaghetti lasagna, and delicious cheesecake.

and *gasp* a MURDER!! Bye-bye Bo Pontana…
He was totally gagged with a spoon, whodunit?
Everyone looked guilty, Base tried to woo his lady with song…
And the killer was…..I’ll never tell. But it rhymes with Molly Ringwald

5 comments:

CB said...

So fun!! I love all of your costumes - Cat Fenefar - Ha Ha!!
Your daughters-in-law did an awesome job with the decor and food!

tiki_lady said...

so much fun, i have been tossing around a murder mystery dinner as well, for the past few months. Very cute and love the decor. My biggest issue is debating what theme to go with.

tammy said...

Your family has so much fun! I love murder mysteries and the 80's theme is fabulous. I'm kind of wishing I'd held onto my lace gloves now.

Brittany said...

oh my gosh! those costumes are HILAR!!! hahaha... what a fun idea!

mCat said...

How much fun! We've done these a couple of times in our ward, and actually a former ward member is the Hunt behind the Hunt Murder Mysteries. Love them!