My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 16, 2011

Service Projects in our ward..

We have had the opportunity in our ward 
in the last month to help out others in need. 
*
Our Relief Society did a project making hygeine kits
 for young women in Kenya.
We made for each girl 2 wings, ten pads and a bag to hold them.
We also included a pair of panties.
We had different stations for cutting, and sewing.
We had yummy treats along the stage for refreshments.






  *  
  We also had a ward activity where we filled bags with sand for future flooding
for the homes that are along the creek.




Every bit helps.
 Don't you always feel better when you try to help others out?

3 comments:

tammy said...

I always know when I'm feeling blue, I need to find someone to serve. All great projects. Good thinking on getting a head start on sand bags. I hear it's not a matter of if it will flood, but how badly.

mCat said...

Our young women did hygeine kits last year. When they realized that many young girls in Africa had no options for when their periods came, it really struck home to them. It was explained to them, that often the girl was sent to sit on the hillside for the week. And since it was a week of every month, she ended up not being able to complete school and thus began a life of poverty. Those stories broke their hearts and they were so engaged in making those kits. It was a wonderful experience.

And I almost have to laugh at the pictures with snow in the background, while sand bags are being filled!

tiki_lady said...

i truly do love service