My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let me introduce our landmark.....

Definition of a landmark:
A mark to designate the boundary of land; any mark or fixed object (as a marked tree, a stone, a ditch, or a heap of stones) by which the limits of a farm, a town, or other portion of territory may be known and preserved.



Our new fountain which may look to some as a
 ragged loose collapse of water is actually the footings of a cabin,
that belonged to a black wagon master of
Brigham Young, the 2nd President of the
 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, during the 1800's.
My husband wanted to preserve the history, and turn this landmark into
something with more meaning.
This is in our front yard.
 Adding to the sound of water, it will be a reminder
of sacrifice, FREEDOMS, and friendship.
 We hope memories will flourish at our fountain of the past.
******
to me it will be a:
fountain of gladness
fountain of youth
fountain of knowledge
fountain of forgiveness  
May it remind me always that Life is the fountain of JOY.
**********************

"Nothing in the world is as soft and yielding as the water from a fountain. Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible, nothing can surpass the fountain.
******
another fountain in our yard that we love!!
 No historical significance, just pleasing to the ear and eye.

Today my FOUNTAIN OVERFLOWETH

3 comments:

Mckinzie Lyn Heugly said...

The Waterfall Looks So Good! I can't wait to come and see it!:D

Anonymous said...

I love your fountain/waterfall. I don't think Mark can rest at night because he is always thinking of ways to beautify your home. Another successful Heugly project. I'll have to wait until January to see it.

mCat said...

That is beautiful! And even more so with the history behind it