I've never liked my middle name.
It is Irene.
It means "PEACE"
****
August 2011 will be remembered for Hurricane Irene,
which left over 650,000 people stranded,
which left over 650,000 people stranded,
millions without power, over 38 people dead across 11 states.
It was anything but peaceful.
It was anything but peaceful.
Prayers go out to family and friends along the East coast♥







4 comments:
That Hurricane turned out to be bigger than I thought it would be. My friends parents who live right outside NYC had their whole first floor flood on Sunday morning.
Mother Nature sure is crazy sometimes!
it hit philly! dallas' little girl sharae would run to the windows and look at the storm and put her hands on her cheeks and go "Oh No!" haha... so cute. it's so crazy when these things happen. I checked out your last few posts yesterday but had to run and didn't leave comments- such sweet thoughts and beautiful pics, Sue. PS- I like the name Irene ;)
My nephew says it wasn't bad for him in New York, but I know many people were adversely affected by Irene. Not, as you say, a very peaceful storm.
"/
I had text and email updates all Friday and Saturday from my BFC (best friend cousin) who lives on the beach in NC. She doesn't evacuate, she's been through too many to count.
They had more wind damage than anything, but her attitude is outstanding. Get out, clean up and get back to work. Life needs to be lived!
Post a Comment