My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Friday, August 26, 2011

My sons are everything♥

My son Ethan goes in again today to have more stints put in, as he was experiencing more shortness of breath and chest pressure yesterday. He's already had 2 stints put in and now needs 2 more. As I was opening my emails this morning, feeling  heavy in heart for my son, I found this email which was sent to my other boys from Josef, my youngest. It made me happy and ever so grateful to have children that know how to strengthen one another in times of trial.
(Here's the email)
******************
3 Nephi 9:14
14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

 
When these things happen we quickly turn to prayer and our faith...it's our only remedy. We know the purpose of life and testify of the Atonement. I read this scripture this morning and the words..."mine arm of mercy is extended towards you" really stood out. I can't help but believe that our united prayers together in faith will bring us to Him, and then His arm of mercy will be extended.


Ethan, I wish I could give you my heart and or a few working valves, but what I can give you is my faith and prayers.

My brothers and my family are worth fighting for, even giving everything I have. So you have the prayers of my family.

Nothing is more important.
*****************
Ethan and his Dad

Ethan's Family

Joe on the left, with his arm around Ethan♥
My boys are my everything...
Thanks Joe for reminding me how blessed I am♥

**********************
Colin (Joe's son) who is 6 yrs. old came home from school today after I published this post about Ethan. Since  he didn't have any homework (and it's Friday), Marci let him pick a show to watch. He picked Body Worlds.
He'd been watching it for a while and Marci said, "I think it's cool that you're watching that." He said, "I'm looking for stuff about the heart, to help Ethan."
How sweet is that? I had to edit this post and add it..
colin, I love you♥

6 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Good sons come from good parents.

mCat said...

What a beautiful post in the face of a challenge. And Marci said it best. Or Joe - whoever commented : )

Your close knit family is exactly what the Lord had in mind!

Prayers for Ethan and his fam!

tammy said...

I love the bond your family has. Hoping and praying all goes well.

CB said...

I had no idea this was going on in your life. I hope it all goes smoothly and Ethan is blessed with good and better health.

It is really touching to see the way brothers and families pull together in hard times and how they find a deeper spirituality.

My prayers are with you.

CB said...

I had no idea this was going on in your life. I hope it all goes smoothly and Ethan is blessed with good and better health.

It is really touching to see the way brothers and families pull together in hard times and how they find a deeper spirituality.

My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I hope all went well with the surgery. I was a few days late reading your post.. Your family is wonderful in the way they continue to love and support each other. I'm praying for you.